Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ST IV SE DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ST IV SE DVD
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed my question had been answered already, in part.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even today we all know that Powerpoint has killed paper dead, and you can't even find a printer or a copy machine in today's modern office. And books? Supplanted by Palm Pilots.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One still needs paper and pen to write lecture notes. [Smile]

And there's copiers and printers aplenty in the offices of Aliant (in Saint John, anyways)

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
As I recall, two scenes from Star Trek VI were re-inserted for the video release. I know the revelation of the assassin's true identity was one, and I believe that Sol is right -- "Op: Retrieve" was cut from the film version. I also remember Rene Auberjonis talking in an interview about filming his scenes for Star Trek VI, only to have all his on-screen time cut.

I seem to recall that the other scene added was torpedo bay scene featuring Spock, Scotty and Valeris. It may have been left out for one of two reasons. First, when Valeris slides down a pole into the bay, she bumps he wall, which visibly shakes. Second, Scotty recites the line, "I'll bet that Klingon bitch killed her father!" which some people feel is both out of character and rather sexist...an unenlightned comment from one of our otherwise noble heroes.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Kirk's "Let them die!" wasn't? Of course, Shatner then did a reaction shot (edited out by Meyer, and not replaced despite all his pleas) meant to show he couldn't actually believe he'd just said that. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Operation Retreive poster was something they drew up in the hallway and they kept it on paper for security reasons so that the klingons or anyone else wouldnt be able to access it. Then again that is kind of redundant considering it was the conspirators who wrote it up and then again they walked into the room with it just as the klingon ambassador (why the hell didnt they give that guy a name, even after 2 movies?!) was leaving the room, which SFC wasnt aware of as they walked into the room anyway.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, I'm certain it was Aberjonis' scenes that were cut. Despite the torpedo bay wall, the scene in the torpedo bay provided a well deserved moment of humor -- "That would be impossible, Mr. Scott, seeing as Klingons do not have tear ducts."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fact completely ignored since. Good thing they kept to the pink blood though, eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, have we ever seen a Klingon cry?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was a reference to Khaless's tears making the seas overflow. And Worf may have cried when Jadzia died, not sure there.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we're talking about Klingons, "tears" probably means blood -- fits that they'd see their oceans as blood not water!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps lack of tear glands and pink blood had something to do w/ whatever made the Klingons look different in the 2260s than at any other time. As they regrew their ridges throughout the late 23rd century, they also were regrowing their lachrymal glands, and their blood was gradually turning back to red.

Or something.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Not a bad bit of rationalization, really.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, on a tangent...an ocean of pink gooey blood would really be an amusing thing to see.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I didn't literally mean that the oceans on Quo'nos were pink, but that the Klingons were likely to make comparisons of water being as essential to the "life" of their world as blood is to a body, and hence, the "tears of Kahless" line.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps