Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Nemesis: thought$$$ and comment$$$, by me! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nemesis: thought$$$ and comment$$$, by me!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny: that's exactly how the world viewed the US before we started flexing our military muscle in the Korean war.
Amazing what a few administration changes can do for your relations with other superpowers huh?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:

So, I now have the shooting scripts for Nemesis, right alongside Star Wars Episodes I, II, and VI. With all of these films three minutes of bulleted notes already resulted in better movies, and the full re-writes are in progress.

Wow. It's so simple. I mean, obviously you know more about writing than anyone who worked on that film, so your versions MUST be better.

Now, I am being sarcastic, but it is a teensy bit full of yourself to say "I have made it a fantastic film because I am brilliant and I know what everyone in the world wants."

But, hey, Janeway having one less pip would certainly have made my jump up and down and shout "BEST MOVIE EVER!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
But, hey, Janeway having one less pip would certainly have made my jump up and down and shout "BEST MOVIE EVER!"

I actually have no problem with Vice Admiral Kate.

(But then as I think that Pathways is canon and Janeway commanded the Bonestell before Wolf 359, I'm probably not the best person to ask. [Smile] )

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, I'm not being arrogant. I just didn't like the movies as presented, especially considering what I felt to be missed potential in each of them, and rather than whine uselessly about it, I'm exercising my creative muscles to see if I could have done better. The several people who know what I'm doing like my versions better, so that leads me to believe it's not just me. Incidental things like the number of pips on Janeway's collar are simply notes in the "dramatis personae" forward (who's in it, and what about them may have changed since the last time we saw them that wardrobe or prop departments would have to know about). Janeway's rank has practically no impact on the story.

B4 does.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, Nemesis wasn't a very intelligent film. It was basically eye-candy. Doesn't really sit well with me. So as I've said - it goes LAST behind TFF - cause the *huh hemm* original (then) beautiful soundtrack saves that movie.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus that scene where Captain James T. Kirk knocks a stripper out cold.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say that if she was felinoid she should have had six breasts...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's got to be one of the more exotic humanoids we've seen on Trek... I mean it beats any of Westmore's stuff! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just begun uhmm.. "digitally acquiring" Nemesis, and have just seen the wedding scene. Whaaaaaaaaat? I honestly thought that Picard was quoting someone else, but it actually was him :| It looks like the TNG crew is re-enacting some weird Star Trek paraphrase :S

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I've just begun uhmm.. "digitally acquiring" Nemesis, and have just seen the wedding scene. Whaaaaaaaaat? I honestly thought that Picard was quoting someone else, but it actually was him :| It looks like the TNG crew is re-enacting some weird Star Trek paraphrase :S

I didn't even bother watching the wedding scene - I just flicked forward to the battle to see if there was actually a reason why Picard didn't evacuate the front of the ship (there isn't - although there is a period of about 15 seconds when he could theoretically have done so, as we see E-E from Shinzon's perspective).

I also noticed that he said "our fleet" when referring to TF Omega. Could this be the first mention of the real navy practice of capital ships having fleets of their own?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he meant "our fleet" as in "not the Romulans' fleet." As in, a fleet of fellow Starfleet starships.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Phoenix
Member # 966

That's what I assumed the first time I saw it. But on watching it again it struck me as an odd thing to say.

Firstly, there is the obvious point that 7 ships is not the Federation's fleet, and it would be misleading to the people he was briefing if he suggested the entire fleet was turning up. I mean they managed 27 ships in Nemesis, and this threat is no less grave.

Secondly, it seems odd to refer to the fleet as "our fleet", when I don't recall that term ever being used before to mean that. It should be patently obvious that the Federation is not going to send the Romulan fleet, so why bother saying it?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps