Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What prominent members of the scientific community had cameos on the Next Gen series (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What prominent members of the scientific community had cameos on the Next Gen series
PMills
Member # 1009

- posted      Profile for PMills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what 2 prominent real life members of the scientific community apparently made cameos on the Next Gen series and
what episodes they were in. Doesn't matter if they didn't play themselves.

I believe Stephen Hawking from the season 6 finale is one, but Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton who were also with him obviously don't count, as they were played by actors of course.

If considered 'prominent', is Mae Jemison (who was in season 6) the other only person ?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawking did at Data's holographic poker game.

I'm stumped on the second one though!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton who were also with him obviously don't count, as they were played by actors of course.

What?!? You've shattered my illusions.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jemison was the first black female astronaut. She showed up as a transporter chief in that episode with the exocomps.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a vaguely similar note, King Abdullah (or was he still Prince at the time?) of Jordan allegedly made a cameo as medical officer in some Voyager episode. Oh, and we also have Tom Morello (guitarist in Rage Against The Machine, and now in Audioslave. Berman's son (?) was a fan of RATM..) in "Good Shepard" and of course Iggy Pop as the Vorta Yelgrun in "The Magnificent Ferengi" (IIRC).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing alleged about it. The then Prince got beamed up. Or was it down? Anyway. And yet still peace in the Middle East eludes us.
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Voyager didn't have any medical staff. Wasn't that what the whole Paris thing was about?

I suppose they could have trained some scientists...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Dr. Stephen Hawking and Dr. Mae Jemison were the two that pretty much sums this whole thread up. This topic has been covered numerous times in various magizines, including TvGuide SE's and the Star Trek: 30 Years SE.

Also other unique guest stars yet unmentioned offhand just from TNG include: John Tesh, Michelle Phillips (The Mama's & The Papa's), Mick Fleetwood (Fleetwood Mac) and James Worthy (LA Lakers)

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think being an astronaut, first black female one or not, in any way makes you a "prominent member of the scientific community", but anyway...
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was the first African-American female in space...sounds pretty prominent to me...

That would be like saying Jackie Robinson held no face in the history of Major League baseball....

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
acoupal of pr0n ladies weron voyagr i heard
PMills
Member # 1009

- posted      Profile for PMills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys for answering. I believe Mae Jemison is a chemical engineer, has a medical PHd and also runs her own company. She quit NASA a few years ago.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practically *all* astronauts are scientists of one sort or another. We're far from the days when astronauts were always test pilots and fighter pilots!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jordanian prince didnt do anything except for briefly talk to one of the cast in the hallway, he was wearing blue, whatever that means
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

"Investigations" [VGR] was the episode he (Prince Abdullah of Jordan) appeared in...

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps