Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Shatner has ideas for new Trek series? Trek War: The Series? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shatner has ideas for new Trek series? Trek War: The Series?
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with others that the interplay of the big 3 in STV was good. I especially liked the camp scenes. The one thing you can say about Shatner's movie is it brought back alot of the missing humor of the original (Sometimes UNintentionally). Perhaps if they combined the SFX of STTMP with the story of STV they could make ONE decent movie. As far as the current Greenspans of Trekdom go....Please RAISE our INTEREST RATE! Do something that isn't a collage of crap like Nemesis (OK... Let's cross Hellraiser with Trek with a T2 sequence with some like totally gnarly dune buggy races)

So The Shatz has an idea? Listen to it politely and give it a chance, if its workable maybe Name Rec. will MAKE it work, if not, then what does it matter. The real problem is at the top. If you have a franchise that has made you as much as Trek has, I would be trying everything I could to feed the monster and keep it healthy. Budget-Shmudget, hire REAL writers, get some input from REAL fans/supporters/TICKET BUYERS, and so what if it costs a chunk? You WILL make your money back if its GOOD!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Well, there IS a fan-made MST3K of ST5, which I thought was rather good. Personally, I think all shows and movies should have MST3K attached like closed captioning, where you can turn it on and off at will. But that's me.

I saw it, and it was crap. They tried too hard and tried to put in too many comments, so they stepped all over their own material. Just goes to show how good the actual MST3K guys were.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I agree with others that the interplay of the big 3 in STV was good. I especially liked the camp scenes.
Hehehe 'camp scenes'. hehe..

Sorry.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as Shatner's new series doesn't involve bran, it couldn't be any worse than B&B.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps