Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Wow! Is that /her/? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wow! Is that /her/?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... they started giving her more to do towards the end. Episodes like the one where she thought about leaving the ship with that uberStud. She looked alot better with long hair, though I'm still confused as to how it grew out over the course of one episode.... I've always believed that Jennifer Lien showed up one morning and refused to wear those friggin' ears again.

"Fine... Kes will just have long hair from now on..."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm . . . I was firmly entrenched in the "No way, Jose" camp, but upon careful review I'm not so sure.

The jawline of the hair pic is wrong . . . JL was not jowly, but certainly didn't have a chiseled chin arcing down like lightning from a chiseled jaw.

The eyes of the hair pic are wrong. The hair pic girl has eyes whose outer points are at least level with the inner points, if not drooping altogether. JL's outer eye points are significantly higher . . . far too much to allow any sort of angle change to account for it. That having been said, it's possible that advanced eye makeup technology plus bad lighting could produce that effect, but I rather doubt it.

The little lines going from the outer nostril region downward and outward toward the mouth are wrong. The hair pic girl's little lines aren't really lines at all, but such as they exist they are on a straight shot to the corners of the mouth. JL's, on the other hand, take a more gentle course, giving room for the delightful corners of her lips, with their graceful, playful curving . . . oh, right, sorry.

Measurement doesn't work. The two left-hand pictures in Dracon's JL.jpg, despite the hairline similarities, also show a differing forehead height. Measuring from center hairline to chin (with stops at the line of the inner eye points, nose, center-of-lips (i.e. opening), and then chin), we have the following distances:

(hairline-eye, eye-nose, nose-lip, lip-chin = hairline=chin)
65, 25, 26, 33 = 149
45, 22, 19, 25 = 111

Note the ratio of hairline-eye to the total . . . in the first case, it's 65 to 149, or 0.436. In the middle pic, that's 45 to 111, or 0.405.

The ratio of eye-nose to total is also off. Hair pic girl rates 0.1677, while JL gets 0.198.

Then there's eye spacing compared to the total. In the hair girl pic, the eyes are 25px apart for a face of 149px total length. In the JL pic, the eyes are 23px apart for a face of 111px total length. That translates into 0.1677 and 0.207, respectively.

Even if the length of the face and its pieces-parts were highly variable based on angle and lighting and age and whatnot, I do not see how her eyes could've gotten so much closer together for the hair pic.

Last but not least, there's the upper nose area between the eyes. In the JL pics, if you trail your way up the nose (ew) you can see how her nose reaches its thinnest point just below her eyes, then starts to spread out again, carrying us right along to the eyebrows. The hair pic girl, on the other hand, has a nose which is not so graceful . . . hers just sort of collides with the forehead, the thinnest point being very high between the eyes, with a hasty expansion above that. I suppose that this could, somehow, be a trick of light, shadow, and make-up, but I don't really see how based on this cursory examination.

It is my opinion that the two parties are not one and the same, or that, if they are, the photographer and lighting director of the hair girl pic should be beaten.

The primary evidence is the width of the eyes . . . even plastic surgery can't change that, so far as I know.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrifying.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is getting way too weird. I picture jennifer lien finding this on the internet and hiring bodyguards.

Sorry Jen.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what did you expect from a guy who has an anal-retentive obsession with analyzing RGB values and comparing them against those of real-world skies to determine if it's night or day on Coruscant, so that he can then put an upper limit on the speed of the hyperdrive? B)
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming next on ST-v-SW.net: The Jennifer Lien fallacy! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darth Scott: *looks at Lien pictures* "I feel a great disturbance in the phallus."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
Well, what did you expect from a guy who has an anal-retentive obsession with analyzing RGB values and comparing them against those of real-world skies to determine if it's night or day on Coruscant, so that he can then put an upper limit on the speed of the hyperdrive? B)

Hey, don't look at me . . . I only had to take it to such extremes because that nitwit on TrekBBS was ignoring the facts and declaring me a liar for not ignoring them as he did.

That having been said, though, the underlying concept is the same. After all, the thread had quickly devolved into pages of people saying "yes that's her" or "no it isn't", much as the ST vs. SW argument can devolve into something similar. By applying a more rigorous analysis, better conclusions than "X is true because I think so" can be drawn.

The kind of things I mentioned about the faces . . . the placement and size of parts . . . are the same thing people unconsciously consider when identifying a person. I simply elucidated those.

If you consider such a maneuver "anal-retentive" . . . well, that's your problem.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps