Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Series VI? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Series VI?
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

Ahh, just wait for the super-duper version of the movies that Lucas will release on DVD several years after he dies.

I here in that version when Greedo fires at Han first, Han just gives Greedo a big bear hug to show what a nice non-smuggling non-scoundrel type person he is and they end up sharing a couple of club sodas and forget all that mean bounty on Han's head nonsense. [Wink]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
and then there's the infamous bit where Kenobi lower his lightsabre and the light goers out and you can see thw bare rod. Bad bad bad...

Yeah, I was really suprised they didint fix that myself: it makes Obi-Wans' sabre look like it's running out of power or somethng.

Even worse is that they didint fix the obviour addition of black to the inside of Palpatine's robe to cocer some makeup flaw.
It looks like theres a catapillar crawling on his face. [Confused]
The destruction of the Star Destroyer's bridge in Empire should have been fixed as well- it just disapears when an asteroid hits it!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Holy Trilogy: Spec Ed, should not be viewed as a substitute for the originals so much as an addendum to them. Lucasfilm would be wise to view it this way (selling us the same movie twice). But do you see what I'm saying? It's like having a DVD extra with extra special lameness that was never in the original. Similar to the Wrath of Khan disc. Like kmart, I can understand wanting to clean up some of the mattes, and maybe even adding some backgrounds that they never had the budget to do, but making major narative alterations (Greedo did not fucking shoot first!) reeks of revisionist history. So I choose to view the Special Editions as entities to themselves: interesting, and educational, but certainly never superceding the originals. That way I don't bust a vein.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought we said "sked-ule" and Americans said "shed-ule"?

quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Pointless edits change elements for no entertainment or informative value are just bad filmmaking. I don't understand why you're defending it.

I'm not defending it, as such. But I'm also not about to worry myself into an early grave because Lucus altered some films he made. Besides, there were dialogue changes even in the original mix of movies. Some versions of the original ANH not having "It's locked, move on to the next one", for instance. So, presumably, the reason "there's no-where to land" was added back in was because Lusasfilm were going from a master copy that had that line in it.

If you want to hunt down people and murder them in cold blood because they prefer the special editions, then more power to you. Find people who prefer dubbed anime to the original as well. And people who run XP in "classic style". And butcher them all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Yeah, I was really suprised they didint fix that myself: it makes Obi-Wans' sabre look like it's running out of power or somethng.

Me too. But they did have a big list of things that they wanted to change that they didn't get around to. I have no idea why that rated lower than "fix the shadow on the landspeeder", but I don't have George's money. I do have a neck though, which is possibly better.

quote:
Even worse is that they didint fix the obviour addition of black to the inside of Palpatine's robe to cocer some makeup flaw.
It looks like theres a catapillar crawling on his face. [Confused]

I'm not too sure how they would fix that though. Unless they were going to CGI part of his face and add it in to all those sequences, expertly matching it to the actor's face.

And the picture quality is all over the place at the end of Jedi anyway. Check out the close-up of Luke after he chops off Vadar's hand, to the medium shot of Palpatine. It looks like different film.

quote:
The destruction of the Star Destroyer's bridge in Empire should have been fixed as well- it just disapears when an asteroid hits it!
I have to say, I never noticed that. So it can't have been that bad, can it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SD bridge hit from Empire is quick so it's not glaringly bad....it's just another "clean" explosion with no debris (that bothers me in movies more than TV)

Personally, I would have liked to see the millions of tons of Death Star II falling into Endor's gravity well and destroying all life on the planet.
...but that's just me.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

But then we'd have been denied the sheer amazingness of Lando clapping at the end of the film. And, quite frankly, that's the best part of any Star Wars film ever.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If only he'd been enjoying acool, refreshing Colt 45.

Preferably the hollowpoint varaity.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colt 45 is the most vile beer in existence.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You cannot say that until you've had Tesco's value beer. Dog urine is almost certainly tastier.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although, Colt 45 is damn good, when compare to Smith & Wesson....

Dog urine is almost certainly tastier.
Sounds like you are still debating it....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Things never to drink:
Schlitz
Meister Brau
Old Mill-Water (milualkee)
Kaluha not mixed with anything (for god's sake! It's maple syrup and nailpolish remover!!!)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add MD 20/20....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indiana Jones. DVD. Joyous.

Off topic.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Off topic?
How?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps