Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: Voyager DVD's (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek: Voyager DVD's
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be the only one excited about the series coming to DVD this coming February. I can finally see what the original actress casted to play Janeway looks like.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only good thing about the Voyager DVD releases is that we'll most likely get TOS on DVD afterwards [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Enterprise or TAS?

There WERE some shots around the placee with Genevive Bujould in uniform... I don't think I SAVED them though.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Trektoday rumours, TOS could be following VOY.

I highly doubt TAS will ever be released on DVD. I don't think that TPTB see any market for a rather obscure 70s cartoon.

And I think it might be too early for ENT boxes.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, Voyager is finally coming to DVD. Rejoice!

Ok, sarcasm aside, I'd rather buy that "obscure 70s cartoon" than that shitty piece of wannabe Trek series...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might actually buy the first few seasons. They were tolerable.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all my favorite Voyager episodes on Video. That's hardly two cassettes...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll definately buy them. Just for the sheer joy of smashing the discs to pieces. [Big Grin]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I actually popped in the "Special Features" disk from DS9's season seven, and while they did have a trailer for the Indiana Jones DVDs, they didn't have one for VOY. This is unlike TNG, which had a preview for DS9.

Over this past year, I've rewatched all of Deep Space Nine, in order. Wow. I really didn't think "What You Leave Behind" could ever have had the same effect it once had, but boy did it. There are so many little things about the series - Captain Bodai (with the transparent skull), the bird-like crewmember (can't think of his name) who kept having to get bigger quarters because he kept reproducing so much. Hah. Man, I love Deep Space Nine.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Lt. Vilix'pran kept budding. That was a great running joke...

Assuming I had the money, I would probably consider getting Voyager's first few seasons. But then, I still haven't bought any DVD box sets yet, so I'm first going to be getting shows like DS9, B5, Farscape, TNG, Firefly...

Voyager's pretty far down the list. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My economic life resembles that of window wiper in East Berlin circa 1956, Mr Rockefeller.
For the second time in my life, my cat dines better than I do.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the bird-like crewmember (can't think of his name) who kept having to get bigger quarters because he kept reproducing so much.
Bird-like? For some reason I always thought he was a plant.
Come to think of it though his offspring did have wings.

I suppose it's possible for a plant based life form to evolve wings, perhaps for migratory purposes?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Migrating coconuts. Without the need for swallows.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were wings specifically mentioned... I thought Jake said their little hooks got caught on things.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Were wings specifically mentioned... I thought Jake said their little hooks got caught on things.

JAKE (confident) : "Absolutely. I've babysat Ensign Pran's hatchlings a couple of times. Made sure their little wings didn't get tangled."

O'BRIEN : "Kirayoshi doesn't have wings."

JAKE : "Even better."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps