Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: Voyager DVD's (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek: Voyager DVD's
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

So we know they hatch and bud and have wings... they could be insectoid?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Andrew, seeing as we are already off topic what the hell? Here is all I can find from the three episodes (Heart of Stone, Business As Usual and Apocalypse Rising) he/she/it seems to be referenced in:

He (It?) buds, and therefore is asexual. The buds took a little over a month to individualize. For his baby shower O'Brien built him a hatchling pond and Bashir was getting them clothes.

The hatchinglings have wings that evidently tangle.

...and his litters have ranged from 4, 2 and then the unknown possibility of 8 to 18.

Asexual, hatching ponds, wings...could be anything, maybe he's (it's) a mutant jurassic park frogman? [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that the DS9 Companion mentions that they didn't really take Vilix'Pran seriously. They knew we'd never see him, so they just kept thinking up wierd things to attribute to him and his kids. Sorta like namedropping the Breen all the time until they actually showed up at the end of DS9.

I think Pran was probably plant-based, though possibly still humanoid in order to get around properly. Think Ent. Or possibly Goomba. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phylosian?

Although it's best not to rationalize him. Just like we don't WANT to see Captain Boday.

Although I hope he looks like a MARS ATTACKS! alien [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They wished to join Dr. Keniclius 5 in his plan to go out into space with a master race of giant cloned Spocks to force peace on the galaxy.
That one sentence explains why TAS should never be thought of as canon.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Just like we don't WANT to see Captain Boday."

And why not? You could do lots of really neat things with a transparent skull. Maybe get some little servos in there to shift fluid around. Uh, with transparent skull prosthetics, I mean.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always assumed his skull was meant to be naturally transparent.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no. What I meant was that the effect of a transparent skull could, today, with modern prosthetic technology, look really cool, with moving parts and such, so that it wouldn't look like an actor wearing a skullcap with a brain painted on it, but actually have some depth and motion to it.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. Understood.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought DS9 3 and 5. Only need 6 and 7 and my collection is complete. Watching the Tribble episode now, and I *really* can't wait for TOS DVD sets now!

But I'm not particularly interested in Voyager box-sets. Definitely a Trek lowpoint. I wouldn't really have cared if they'd never gotten home [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I will say that the Voyager cases look much more attractive (and solid) than the DS9 cases, which I find to be slightly flimsy. I wish they had a cardboard cover like TNG and other box sets - Buffy, Sports Night, etc.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, let's buy the Voyager DVD's for their cases... Why not?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I'll probably wind up getting them, eventually, because I am compulsive, easily swayed, and not a wise spender. DVDs are neat and fun! the ads tell me, and I listen. Oh, how I listen. Of course, I haven't gotten any of the DS9 sets yet, or even finished TNG. Because they are spendy.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps