Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Hatred for Berman and Braga? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatred for Berman and Braga?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, there's every chance that he could be replaced by someone who knows less about Trek, doesn't care at all about what Gene Roddenberry created, and ends up taking everything good from Enterprise and replacing it with everything bad from Andromeda and Baywatch Hawaii?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naturally. But it could also be someone like Mike Sussman or Phyllis Strong, who do care about Trek and are familiar with its history and details, and have been responsible for penning some of the best episodes of the series thus far.

Like Kirk said, "Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair." "Risk is our business."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a fairly huge difference between being a writer and being the executive producer.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt. But they are both already Co-Producers.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Doesn't mean much. Almost the entire writing staff of every show ended up with at least a Co-Producer credit. I'm pretty sure all you had to do was open the door to one of the Paramount Bigwigs and they gave you a co-producers credit on the show of your choice.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, look at DS9. Once Berman and Piller left, it was two ex-writers -- Ron Moore and Ira Behr -- who exec produced the show.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Berman didn't leave - he was always exec producer.

And Moore was never an executive producer. For series 7 (and possibly 6 and 5) he was a co-executive producer, which isn't the same thing.

The only exec producers of DS9 were Berman, Piller and Behr. And the writing team all seemed to be either co-producers, supervising producers, or co-supervising producers. As to what the difference is...that will forever be a mystery.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have never understood the need for so many types of producers anyway. I mean where does it end?
Everyone involved in the production could be called some kind of producer.

How about the set producer, the make-up producer, the paint producer, the light producer...
Hell, even the actors could become "scene producers". [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to (re)produce with the actresses from DS9.

Nothing wrong with that.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to do a coproduction with Louise Fletcher?
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Well, I have never understood the need for so many types of producers anyway. I mean where does it end?
Everyone involved in the production could be called some kind of producer.

How about the set producer, the make-up producer, the paint producer, the light producer...
Hell, even the actors could become "scene producers". [Roll Eyes]

It's done because it's a cheap way to give someone an on paper promotion that doesn't cost you much. Ooooh, I'm a producer!

It's the same problem that corporations have where they now have so many presidents and vice presidents that the titles don't mean anything any more.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
You want to do a coproduction with Louise Fletcher?

If thats what it takes to bang Chase Masterson...
sure.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps