Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Was there a Dominion War in "The Visitor"? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Was there a Dominion War in "The Visitor"?
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
You turned up to a fancy dress day in regular clothes?

Have you no fun in your body at all?

Did you NOT read the part of introducing myself to the Abe as John boy? [Big Grin]

The problem was I didn't have the money to put together the costume I WOULD have worn.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingons have order?
They dont even use utensils for pete's sake!

If all they wanted was order, they'd help the Borg wipe out the Alpha Quadrant.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:

The problem was I didn't have the money to put together the costume I WOULD have worn.

Something from Rocky Horror no doubt.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:

Well, just because the uniforms are the same doesn't mean that Sisko "died" (as seen in "Visitor") in the AGT timeline. Since the accident was corrected, wouldn't Q have sent Picard 25-years into the corrected (as opposed to the "uncorrected") future?

I mentioned that the uniform connection was tenouis at best and was only an extra point connecting the two timelines. I'm not saying the AGT... future did come true since parts of it have obviously been changed (Deanna not being dead by now for example) but elements of that future have cropped up like the Negh'Var for instance and the hostilities between the Federation and Klingons in every future episode.

And Q was probably skewing elements of the future to mess with Picard anyway.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The line between being facinated by an intresting TV show and having a compulsive disorder tend to blur once you see fans dressed up at conventions, speaking in made up languages and expecting a response other than "back the fuck off".

Line? What line?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If you own a Star Trek costume, you've crossed the line.

In every way.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a joke for our office Christmas party, I bought one of those NextGEn phaser toys that was put out about nine years ago just to see him desperately try and get it in the "Dirty Santa" game. I even put batteries in it so it would lite and make sound!

It was HILARIOUS.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own a costume. It was my halloween outfit when I was ten. Does that count against me?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No....not unless you still wear that costume.
Then it would definitely count against you.

....and you should probably do a little "spring cleaning" if you still have old stuff from when you were ten.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. It's not like you could frighten a lot of people in a ST uniform, anyway. Gag them, maybe, but not scare. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I dont know....a fully grown man showing up on my doorstep wearing a star trek costume made to fit a ten year old frightens me terribly.

It's a Tarintino scene waiting to happen.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Klingons have order?
They dont even use utensils for pete's sake!

If all they wanted was order, they'd help the Borg wipe out the Alpha Quadrant.

It was explained in The Die Is Cast or The Adversary or something - the key aim of the Dominion is order... the solids are disorderly. I don't think they would appreciate the Borg as it would be difficult for them to control them. The Founders are basically control freaks.
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how the Dominion would percieve the Borg and vice versa?

They certainly have a lot in common what with the Great Link and the Collective, and there common desire to bring order to the galaxy.

I'm sure the Borg would try to assimilate them for there biological and technological distinctiveness at first but perhaps the Borg can't assimilate a Changeling. If they turned into a mist that would certainly render the Nanoprobes nearly useless. I would imagine Changelings must have control of there bodies down to a cellular level to manage such feats as turning into mist so maybe they could simply remove Nanoprobes from there bodies?

The Borg would no doubt assimilate many Vorta and Jem' Hadar and lay waste to any outposts they found but the Founders have proved to be pretty resilient at survival.

Could be that the Borg were the species of Solids that inspired the Changelings distrust and need for control over all Solids 2,000 years ago and made them create races of loyal servants and warriors.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, um, not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's time to retire this topic...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps