Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Hey, a few questions for y'all (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey, a few questions for y'all
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael_T: And you're quoting Backstreet Boys for your sig??? Hmmm...

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*defensively* I could have a DVD-ROM. . . the one I want's only �80. But there are issues about the MPEG decoding and whether my graphics card is compatible. Honest.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insurrection isn't on sale yet? I saw used Insurrection tapes on sale at Blockbuster the beginning of July! But they were $14.95, which is a bit expensive even for a new tape.

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but they're the original (superior?) rental versions. The retail versions are different and come out later. The best thing about the retail versions is that they don't have the annoying previews of other movies.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err, rental versions do often have previews.

And rental versions are generally higher quality tapes, but don't quote me on that.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

You just repeated exactly what I said, Garak.
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virgin Megastore claims that the video will be released in the UK....

Are you sitting down??

NEXT YEAR!!!

------------------
"You don't need a gun."
"That depends on your definition of 'save sex'."

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thanks everyone for your answers. The release date for IX seems to be a mystery. That is odd, since I knew the date VIII came out like when I saw the movie in the theatre!

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno what's more worrying. People's facination with frank's bedroom olympics (or lack thereof), or Mike using four exclamation marks at once.

Although dax cleverly drew attention away my using 3 question marks.

BTW, I have a DVD player, and am happy, as I see the outside of my front door at least three times a week. And no, school or work or doing the shopping for your mum doesn't count, m'kay?

And now I am going to inject myself with vast amounts of herion. Cheerio.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herion being the antiparticle counterpart of the himion, of course.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday on the radio, they were doing a "this day in rock and roll history" thing and they mentioned that on that day in 1970-something, one of the members of some band (shows how well I listened to it...) died after snorting what he thought was cocaine, but which actually turned out to be pure heroin.

Not that that has anything to do w/ anything, aside from Liam's little typo. But I thought it was interesting, nonetheless. :-)

------------------
"I've colorized the moon."
-Ted Turner, The Family Guy

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Choice sig, PsyLiam

BTW, I've got Starvin' Marvin on DVD and there's 4(!) other episodes on the same disc. DVD kicks ass

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, you thought it was a typo, but it's actually a new invention of mine. And no, you can't have any.

Dax: bang right. The vids only get two measly eps for over a tenner, and in one case, only one ep. DVD's get for or five for around �16 (which I can get cheaper). And you gotta love ol' Scratch haven't ya?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps