Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Wrath of Khan - Director's Cut (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wrath of Khan - Director's Cut
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking about extra features, I really do hate the 'easter eggs' on the DS9 DVDs. Why not simply label *all* the items in the Features menu, so I can actually see what's on it!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does the first disc only have two episodes on it?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I donk really know but I'm pretty sure those are the only ones I'm missing.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Except I gott boned and my season 3 of DS9 is missing the first disk.
So I have the series except for The Search PtI-II.

No, I'm not going to blow another $60 for those two episodes: I have them on tape and that's how it'll stay.

Might be able to burn you a copy of mine...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next episode is "The House Of Quark", if you want to check. And you should have that, since it's a far better episode than "The Search, Part 2".

Oh, it was all a dream! Again!

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Talking about extra features, I really do hate the 'easter eggs' on the DS9 DVDs. Why not simply label *all* the items in the Features menu, so I can actually see what's on it!

You really do want to take all the fun out of life, don't you? I bet you hate it when you get a video game with locked features.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Locked features on a video game are one thing, but why lock features on a DVD?
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Easter Eggs on DVDs are annoying because the vast majority of people aren't going to see them.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vast majority of people don't care about them, either.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was interested in seeing the deleted scenes in the first Harry Potter DVD, but I didn't enjoy having to FIND them first
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Except I gott boned and my season 3 of DS9 is missing the first disk.
So I have the series except for The Search PtI-II.

No, I'm not going to blow another $60 for those two episodes: I have them on tape and that's how it'll stay.

Might be able to burn you a copy of mine...
I'll erect you a Nike in your honor if you do!
Or just owe ya bigtime. [Smile]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Well, I was interested in seeing the deleted scenes in the first Harry Potter DVD, but I didn't enjoy having to FIND them first

And how did you know they were on there in the first place?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He hears voices when the medicine wears off.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:

And how did you know they were on there in the first place?
Can't remember, either the Canadian Edition packaging mentioned them (the version I have now is the US one and doesn't so I don't know if the other does), I saw the feature advertised, or someone told me about it
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about it somewhere, too, but I don't remember where. They are a bitch to get to, anyway. Not really even worth the trouble.
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I understood why just about all of them were cut. However, X2's scenes were far worse, at least the first five or so. Like 10 seconds long each...

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps