Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Deep Brick Nine (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Deep Brick Nine
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love bambi. paintballing for bambi, that is.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And what's so bad about my driving? Would you rather Jeff? Or Liz?"

Retort. Ever. Best.

And why yes, I would rather Jeff! Let's go jeffing right now! I'll bring the ammonia and the pelts.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Because that's what she says on the show, right? 'You, [therefore] are the weakest link. Buh-bye.'"

Well, no, actually, she says "good-bye". "Buh-bye" is from, I think, a "Saturday Night Live" sketch (inasmuch as it's "from" anything).

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the David Spade signature move.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The high point of his creative career.
His new catchphrase is just "no" from some innane credit card commercial.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Because that's what she says on the show, right? 'You, [therefore] are the weakest link. Buh-bye.'"

Well, no, actually, she says "good-bye". "Buh-bye" is from, I think, a "Saturday Night Live" sketch (inasmuch as it's "from" anything).

I realize what she says...but really it loses a lot of effectiveness when I am rearranging all of his words when we all know what and where they came from.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman > You
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

...in girth.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have a suspicion that not everyone has seen the Family Guy episode you are referring to. But credit for trying, certainly.

Anyway, Cartman's arguments were rubbish. "Jeff at least knows how to handle himself on the road" only makes sense if you replace "knows how to handle himself" with "is capable of ignoring anything and anyone on the road in front of him, and has more kills to his name than the Red Baron. While driving... etc etc etc"

You are correct on the Liz point though. Because everyone has surely seen that graph (made using real science, kiddies) that equates "money spent on car sound system" with "ability to drive well". Pimps are the safest drivers, after all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Buh-bye" is from, I think, a "Saturday Night Live" sketch (inasmuch as it's "from" anything).

The one that comes to mind for me is "okay I love you buh-bye".

And yes, I know this has ruined the effect of my previous post. I think that the wit was so biting, however, that a post of breathing space is necessary to prevent Cartman from cutting his innocent young face open.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was some comedy sketch about flight attendants saying "buh-bye" to the passengers as they left the plane. I'm not sure what the joke was, as I've never actually seen the whole thing. But I seem to recall that it was from SNL.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the joke.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or lack of one.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Wow. And I thought SNL was less-than-funny now...
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

David Spade and Helen Hunt, a winning combo, no doubt.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps