Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Hairy Bolians! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hairy Bolians!
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sort of how they had a blind guy flying the ship for a bit?
Curzon Dax
Member # 1481

- posted      Profile for Curzon Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theory 3- Maybe she is part of the Hair Club for Bolians where they will clone you a new head of hair for little latnum. Visa/Master Card and all major insurances accepted exept for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of the Ferenginar (to much insurance fraud)

Theory 4- Maybe she just stole Shatner's tribble toupee.

:{)
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
theory 1: Most Bolians are bald, but there's a race within their species that has hair and sometimes yellow skin. They're just rather rare. Like black Vulcans.

theory 2: Male Bolians are bald, females aren't. The bald females we've seen have shaved their heads. Because... I dunno, they're lesbians or something.

--------------------
All problems in the world can be solved with a small amount of well placed C4 explosive.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoting others works sooo much better if you post your reply under their original post.

As to body alterations: with gene-therapy and DNA tweaking (to allow for inter-species breeding), there are likely many starfleet members that look unique and are not identifiable as belonging to any one species.

Then there's the entire added spectrum of illeagal DNA resequencing (some HAS to be legal to prevent birth defects and to cure phage-based illnesses).

I wonder if starfleet would allow a modified alien to join if DNA resequencing was legal in that person's culture....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do arcturian clones fall under that catagorey?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm.....probably not.

We'll never see those ugly aliens again anyhow.
Or the Anticans or Selay either for that matter.

God-damn-Enterprise-canceling-fucktards.

We should change the Enterprise forum description to: "It's cancelled now: Berman blames you."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The woman in Andrew's pic may not be aBolian at all: nothing says there are no blue-skinned races besides Andorians and Bolians.

For all we know. dying one's skin for special occasions may be common to some races.

...or Bolians may like the notion of having hair and wear wigs (while traditionalists prefer to go with the smooth look).

Well, ya know, in DS9 episode "Facets", Jake made note of a Bolian that wore a toupee to impress a lady.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

We should change the Enterprise forum description to: "It's cancelled now: Berman blames you."

Agreed. It's true you know - I was reading an interview/press release by Berman after the news of the cancellation of Enterprise. He pulled out the old "Nemesis was a good movie but no one went and saw it" - people didn't go - because the FANS who went said it was a load of crap - and it was.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps