Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "The franchise has too much baggage, so let's work with someone called McCluggage?" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "The franchise has too much baggage, so let's work with someone called McCluggage?"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Yes, it is a forced conspiracy you are on top of it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's also on to the lizzard men from the earth's hollow center and their plans for...well, you'll find out soon though.

As you dont have a tinfoil thought-deflector beanie.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been through this every time. Berman and Braga have contributed some of the best Trek out there. They've also contributed some of the worst Trek out there. Fan favorites like Piller and Moore have contributed some of the best Trek out there. They've also contributed some of the worst Trek out there. No person is going to be perfect.

However, the point Andrew made about length of tenure is an excellent point, in my opinion. When you're in charge of something for so long, I think one's judgement is going to become clouded and disconnected from the reality of the what needs to be done. We saw this once with Roddenberry, since we usually agree that the later Trek he was in charge of (like The Motion Picture and early The Next Generation) was not that good. The same, I think, can be said about Berman's leadership. The Next Generation and First Contact were pretty good. Early Voyager and early Enterprise I found to be pretty good. Later Voyager, the last couple The Next Generation movies, and middle Enterprise became hit or miss. Coto has made this last season of Enterprise pretty good.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good points are lost in amoungst the conspiracy and out and out wrongness. Someone here (who should have known better) said last week that "Voyager was good for the first couple of seasons, and then Braga stuck his head in and ruined it", ignoring that Braga was pretty much there from the beginning.

Likewise Andrew's point about length of tenure is mixed up with "Maybe BerSUCKA cancelled Enterprise because Cotto was really popular and they HATED it!" So, no.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes you just gotta separate the wheat from the chaff. And then you got to just ignore the chaff because it has been debated ad nauseum for the better part of ten years now.

I'm in no means supporting the conspiracies and a lot of nonsense that gets spouted out about Berman and Braga being the joint anti-Christ who's out to kick out kittens and eat little puppies. But I think there is support for the idea that Berman and Braga have been at the reigns of Star Trek too long. Unfortunately, the subject of their tenure seems to degrade into a flame war within about fifteen posts, making such discussions about as relevant as your typical political thread.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you will vote Republican...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Yes. Yes, it is a forced conspiracy you are on top of it.

Your sarcasm is uncannily refreshing.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

Likewise Andrew's point about length of tenure is mixed up with "Maybe BerSUCKA cancelled Enterprise because Cotto was really popular and they HATED it!" So, no.

Give me SOME points Liam! [Smile]

*sigh* lack of smiley strikes again - the comment is an absurd one - maybe it wasn't CLEAR enough. I stand by my 'length of tenure' comment as Siegfried so nicely put it.

What I WILL say about the Cotto v Bermaga thing is that - well - although they DID start the series, the current people in charge should have been allowed to finish the season themselves.

I mean Braga and Moore didn't write Encounter at Farpoint but did a fantastic job with "All Good Things..."

Indeed it's not all 'bad Braga' or 'Bloody Berman'. I don't like seeing Berman though, still, trying to put a good wrap on Nemesis when it just didn't (ok it wasn't a woeful film), just didn't meet the standard of what went before.

People were calling for 'new blood' Cotto brought it - it's a shame that NOW of all times they had to pull the plug.

Is the saying "It has better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all" deemed appropriate here? At least we GOT a season of Cotto and cool Enterprise stories, than having the series finish with, say season 2.

Andrew

P.S. Sol, TSN, Liam - you have to understand that my posts aren't always serious, I mostly like to have FUN posting on this board. So read between the lines (not all the time) when I post something.

Andrew

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then make sure there is actually something between them next time.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

B'doom.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

*meow*

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps