Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Data uses a contraction in 'Insurrection'.... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Data uses a contraction in 'Insurrection'....
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that episode, the (possesed) Data is gived a goofy psyche-test on computer wherein dozens of images flash in rapid seuence and a computer monitors your mental reactions (how in fuck this test-made for organics) applies to an android like data is beyond me).

All of the flashed images are stock footage from earler episodes, including (somehow) one of Yar's holographic funeral message (as though someone thought it's be funny to have that in the test).

So...that's it....unless your "?" was regarding how such a crappy episode was ever made in the first place, in which case, I concur wholeheartedly with "?".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having trouble decoding your complaint.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply that
A) said epsode sucked
B) said stock footage sucked and
C)...er....the episode sucked! SUCKED I SAY!

Fucking "Shades of Grey" was more watchable.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the most obvious contraction flub was the one Data yelled. In "We'll Always Have Paris", when the three Datas are trying to figure out which of them is from the correct time continuum, the one in the middle shouts out, "It's me!"

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it was the one I mentioned earlier, from "Datalore". They spend all that time explaining how Data can't use contractions. Then, at the end of the episode, Data says "I'm fine!" I still think the crew should have yelled "Oh no, we spaced the wrong one!" and beamed Data off the ship.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a) When was Data possessed in "Measure of a Man"?
b) Thinking "Measure of a Man" is worse than "Shades of Grey" is the most wrongthink thing ever since Andrew's compaints about Yoda in Attack of the Clones.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means "The Schizoid Man" where Dr. Graves went all Agent Smith on Data. That's the one where Data got the psych test. we also met the lovely Dr. Selar.

The holographic footage I was talking about though was actually from "Measure of a Man" when they take out the little holo-cube thingy during the trial. It wasn't on a viewscreen.

Come on Jason, get your decade-old tv series episodes straight! [Razz]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Jason. You shit.

(Actually, I also wonder where they got it from. Looped footage from "Skin of Evil" or custom shot stuff. Although in "The Most Toys" when we see it from behind, I bet it was a stand-in.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was *sure* we saw it from behind at one point... Yah, I can't imagine Crosby came back to stand in a uniform for an hour looking hologramy.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

We see it from behind, but we never have the camera pan around it. At least, as far as I can recall.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Of course not. Camera pans cost money. This was the "Shades of Grey' season, remember. Another reason why I doubt Crosby was brought in for custom footage.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I thought that Shades of Grey existed out of a writing deficit, and not a money deficit.

--------------------

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but being the first season, you want to keep a bit of money behind in case the whole thing flops, (or to make the second season better)

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Or you spend lots of money on your season finale so that people will be more inclined to watch again next season. And I'll admit I'm not an expert on TV budgeting, and I know that shows will often have a cheap episode to allow them to spend more on another, more expensive one, but I can't see that applying across different seasons.

Also, it was the second season, not the first. Mr Wrong.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I don't know what it was due to, but it had the benefit of sucking on both visual and story grounds.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps