Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Was this Roddenberry's inspiration? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Was this Roddenberry's inspiration?
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were a lot of pre-Trek shows with Trek elements. There were a lot of post-Trek shows with a lot of Trek elements (among them a curious little show called 'Enterprise')

We can debate this for eternity without resolving it, because, ultimately, only Gene Roddenberry himself knew what his inspiration was. The point I was trying to make is that Star Trek is the benchmark for all the other shows. "Oh, that reminds me of when Geordi had holo-sex that one time..."

We compare everything else to Star Trek.

Besides, the 'Space Patrol' guy obviously went forward in time, swiped his idea from Roddenberry and came back in time, only to have Roddenberry watch his show and decide that a space show could work after all. It was a causality paradox. Case closed.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought of it that way.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps