Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Favorite Star Trek Character (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Character
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You should have killed me, I'm the only Damar"?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Today is a good day to die" that's always been my favorite Star Trek Line

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dukat (leading the Dominon fleet): "I dont suppose you'd care to surrender now?"

Sisko (smiling from Ops): Absolutely not.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Engage"

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that Damar shooting Ziyal didn't make much sense, as much as I liked him otherwise.

The best Star Trek exchange is, clearly:
quote:
General Chang: "Doctor McCoy, what is your current medical status?"
McCoy: "Aside from a touch of arthritis, I'd say pretty good."
A single Klingon in the audience laughs loudly.

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not an author!!

Bones is the coolest. He can cure a rainy day, put both Kirk and Spock into perspective, and he's got the coolest attitude out of the whole lot.

Followed closely by Captain Picard. My good friends, make it so.

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend insists, absolutely insists that it is McCoy laughing at his own joke during that part of Undiscovered Country and we are unable to convince him otherwise.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like spock in the Voyage Home. he should have kept using those slang words, coming frmo him it's just freakin hilarious.

"Just one damn minute captain"

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST:FC

Riker: "Tough little ship."
Worf (Glaring): "LITTLE?!"

TOS

Kirk, Spock & McCoy in sick bay. Kirk and Spock both yacking. McCoy shushes BOTH of them then looks into the camera and says "Well, I finally got the last word in."

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked Picard's line to Data, on finding out that the android is asking every man on the ship for advice on women.

"As soon as I have any, I'll let you know."

And a rare moment of sarcasm (seriously, Trek characters are sarcastic even less often than they are witty) with regards to the ship collapsing around them.

"Mr Worf, if it should become necessary to fight could you please find some rocks for us to through at them?"

Oh, and it's overplayed to the point of death, and everyone probably hates the line because it's so overfamiliar all the original humour has been sucked out of it. But, honestly, the best Trek line has to be:

"Everyone remember where we parked."

(My dad really likes Spock's "Ah, the giants" from a bit later, too. Half his memory missing, but he's got enough left to play the literary critic.)

And McCoy is clearly not laughing at his own joke. The camera cuts to his face while the laughter is still going on. Plus, your friend is an idiot.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

lol, i don't get to watch the trek movies too often so i still find that line pretty funny.

"There be whales cappin!"

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9: "Kirk...worst offender ever"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did this change to favourite line?

Favourite character Kira! When we first see her in Emissary slamming down her fist on that desk - and saying to Sisko I suppose he wants the office now and he pulls the rug out from under her and that annoyed/sneer/bitchy smile she gives him.

She was no-nonsense from day 1 and all the way through. She also had heart - true heart. She was one of the best written characters in Star Trek. So many examples!

Obscure character??? Hmmm Vilix'pran [Smile] The guy was pregnant and Jake looked after his kids who had hooks or wings or something! heheh.

Favourite Line is very hard. Maybe the last line by Sisko in "The Jem'Hadar" it just set everything up from there. The Trek universe would never be the same.

Ahh... fave line is too hard.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps