Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A TOS special edition??? (not really a spoiler just some thoughts) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A TOS special edition??? (not really a spoiler just some thoughts)
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I saw this on Ain't-it-cool-news, I really don't want it to sound like a rumor, because it's not, it's actually a proposal. Here is the link http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=4473

What do you think, nuff said.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually there is links to the proposals redid CGI, it wasn't working when I tried it, but maybe it will work later, so just in case here it is http://www.digistream.com/screen.htm

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I get is a 404.
Bugger.

This is a terrifying idea, BTW.

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think TOS should be left as it is. The episodes have already been digitally remastered to clear them up, and this, IMO, is sufficient. Yes, the effects are downright silly in some cases by today's standards, but this is the point. Star Trek wasn't about special effects back then, it was about telling stories, and when we put more emphasis on the effects than on the story, Star Trek loses its uniqueness and becomes just another sci-fi special effects extravaganza. When I want to see that, I watch Star Wars. People who complain about the effects should remember that this was a low budget show made in the 60's, and then start paying attention to what the characters are actually saying.

It would have been nice if that link to the CGI shots was working, I was very curious to see just what the new shots looked like.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
HMS White Star
Member # 174

O I just heard from one of the guys from Ain't-it-cool-news, that the volume of traffic from there link crashed the server it was on and it will be up by the weekend.

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just form what I read, I hope DS is turned down.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'm going to like a TOS-SE.... >

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you guys - they should leave TOS alone. I wouldn't mind seeing a "Special Edition" of STII:TWoK, though.

Nice sig, Altair

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Graboid
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this site about a week before it was reported on Ain't it Cool News. I'm glad I downloaded all of the movies when I did. They're pretty cool, but not outstanding. I do like what they did with the Constellation though. It's much more suspensful when you first see it.
IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, personally, I think TOS is fine as it is now that it's all nice and cleared up, but if they were to touch it again, I'm sure both versions would stay in existance...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I liked Tos in all its corniness, but the idea of updating graphics is very appealing. This whole discussion makes me wish that the next series would take place during Tos or at the time to E-B.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Enterprise NCC1701-B TV movie would be really cool. They had a nice crew set up for the ship in "Generations", it would be a waste not to use them again.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 05, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that a few of the actors have moved onto bigger things now. Whatshisname that played Harriman being the one that sticks out the most in my mind.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I haven't seen any of them in anything, but then, I watch less TV then most people, and few movies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 05, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Well, me too, so if I've seen a couple of them around, it's got to mean something.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps