Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Top 10 Star Trek: TNG Episodes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Top 10 Star Trek: TNG Episodes
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks ass.
He was in everything.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen Wright's acting twin?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still working my list down to ten, but I can at least say my clear favourite TNG episode is "Parallels", but it only works in the context of the series as a whole, because of all the references to past people or events worked in. But it's the first episode since TOS' "Mirror, Miror" to do a good job with time travel -- according to current theory.

I've always loved stories bout alternate universes, and the difficulties involved in travelling to them and (especially) getting back home. That's why I liked Sliders as much as I did for the first couple seasons. That's why I like Harry Turtledove's books.

I know it would have been impossible for a forty-minute episode, but I would have loved to have seen one reality where Tasha was still alive, one where Jack Crusher was Captain (a la "Q Squared") -- stuff like that. I liked the one where Ogawa was the CMO. I wonder where Bev was in that reality...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:

Like Stephen Wright, but funny and talented.
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
I liked the one where Ogawa was the CMO. I wonder where Bev was in that reality...

In that reality, Data got the emotion chip as Soong planned.
Recall Crusher's dumbass "He's exhausted" line from BOBW pt.II?
Data killed her: right there.
He would go on to kill such ship-threatening morons as Luwaxana Troi, Tam Elbrin, Alexander Roshenko, and ye, his bst pal, Geordi "the tool" LaForge.

"...and NOW you know the rest of the backstory."

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to try and attempt to correct the urban myth, "High Ground" wasn't banned in the UK. It was banned by the BBC because (apparently) it had a line in it talking about the reunification of Ireland in some year (which was slightly silly writing, IMO. It'd be like an episode saying that the US invaded and occupied North Korea in 2014.)

SKY TV got around the issue by simply cutting out that line. It's been shown as part of their regular cycle ever since, although I don't know if that line was ever put back in.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Geordi is your favourite character? Geordi? Not Data, Picard, or Worf, but Geordi? I mean, each to his own, but still...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:

Like Stephen Wright, but funny and talented.

Oh, like you've never listened to Wright while stoned. (you...not him....his mere existence resonates with the image of "stoned")

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Geordi.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:

Oh, like you've never listened to Wright while stoned. (you...not him....his mere existence resonates with the image of "stoned") [/QB][/QUOTE]
Big deal: Maggie Thatcher is funny if you're stoned.

Plus,....Geordi? Why exactly?
While I like him a lot more than Troi, he's not exactly a common choice.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Come on Jason... you know that, at heart, you're REALLY Tech Sgt. Chen.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

er...what?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony Shalhoub's character's character from Galaxy Quest...
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Favourite 10:

10) Conspiracy: Perhaps one of the goriest and disgusting episodes in Star Trek history. Especially with Picard sitting down to "dinner" with Riker and the other infected humans.

9) The Enemy: One man can't see, the other man can't walk. And above in space, a confrontation which could decide the future of the Federation and the Romulan Empire. So what if the plot is similar to "Enemy Mine"?

8) Frame of Mind: Which is Real? Which is fantasy? Reality? Dream? Urgghh.... this episode really made my head spin until the end.

7) The Best of Both Worlds (Part I and II): Comon, who DOESN'T like this episode?

6) Lower Decks: Where this episode shines is where we see the life and perspective of the everyday crewman instead of the Star Characters. Especially interesting is the fact that we have no idea what is really going on for half of the episode. The Senior and Junior Officer's poker games are a nice touch.

5) The Inner Light: Picard lives 25 years in less than 25 minutes. Hard to watch without a lump in your throat and a prickly sensation in the eyes.

4) Parallels: More Worf than you can ever handle. Seeing Dr. Ogawa, Captain Riker, Wesley Crusher as Chief of Security, and Worf being married to Troi is a nice touch. And then there is the Enterprise from the timeline in which it was wrecked by the Borg.

3) The Pegasus: Who woulda thunk that after a great Worf episode (Parallels) comes an even BETTER episode. Especially where Riker is torn between his loyalty to his captain and former captain.

2) Chain of Command (Part I and II): THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!! Need I say more?

1) Tapestry: I've always liked this episode where Picard finds that by avoiding a certain incident in his past means that he is no longer the captain he is supposed to be. In fact, the ending dialogue between Picard and Riker is classic: "My life has a lot of loose threads, ugly parts which I would like to get rid of. But when I pulled on one of these threads, they revealed the tapestry of my life...." Brilliant!!!

[ March 10, 2006, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Saltah'na ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
Seeing Worf married to Troi, Dr. Ogawa, Captain Riker, and Wesley Crusher...

Who knew that the man had such varied taste?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

All at the same time, no less.

Hmm...I suppose, on a four-shift rotatiion...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps