Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trek XI - To Shatner or NOT to Shatner (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Trek XI - To Shatner or NOT to Shatner
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straight from the horse's......um.....MOUTH

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's a long way off and the writers said they wanted him involved, so he could still be in it. Surely they'd be mad not to include him?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care about Shatner. Zach Quinto is going to be playing Spock. First solidly good (or even decent) thing I've heard about this, but hey. it's good enough to make me watch.

Mmmmm, Zach...

EDIT: I fail at listing sources. Here it is. Just ignore the fact that it's on MTV; I read it at MA and googled for an article.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! Quinto will make a good Spock, I think. He has the right look (at least when he's clean-shaven).

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. Sure, he's good at creepy, but I didn't think much of that episode with Sylar's mom, and that was the one episode requiring more than creepiness from him. Though maybe it was his mom that was the problem. Anyway, it just didn't work for me, and that was the most Quinto-heavy episode.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he is already familiar with a character that does "Mind Meld" of a sort. I see this turning into a Spock's Angst portrayal.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Sylar's mum episode" was out of character for the whole series, really. I remember at the time it was broadcast nobody knew what to make of it, so I wouldn't blame Quinto's performance. I think it's just that up until that point Sylar had been a fairly one dimensional character who wanted "more powaaarrr!!" Introducing his mother showed more depth to the psychosis, but in quite a forced, twenty-episodes-into-the-series kinda way.

Anyway, I'm glad he's Spock. He's got an intensity and mysteriousness to him that an actor needs to play the role.

And they're saying Shatner may yet be in it.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope that, with Nimoy and possibly Shatner in it, they'll have them as one-off cameos to a distant relative and not a 23rd Century Spock and Kirk reminiscing on past adventures.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope Nimoy plays Sarek or something along those lines.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reality check? You do not coax Leonard Nimoy back to Trek and have him playing anyone but Spock. He'll be looking back on his life, or something. Hence the suggestion they'll also have Shatner if they can find a place for him - the fact that canonically he's dead, and physically he's not really capable of passing for a pre-Generations Kirk, makes that difficult.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oo! Holographic Kirk! Spock gets a hold of an EMH 1 matrix & radically modifies it so that....

...Or not.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while I remember reading an article about Quinto wanting to be Spock and they photoshopped an image of him looking like a vulcan. I thought it looked good.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Reality check? You do not coax Leonard Nimoy back to Trek and have him playing anyone but Spock. He'll be looking back on his life, or something. Hence the suggestion they'll also have Shatner if they can find a place for him - the fact that canonically he's dead, and physically he's not really capable of passing for a pre-Generations Kirk, makes that difficult.

Physcially, no, but digitally, yes. Those direct TV Star Trek VI commertials were pretty good.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen 'em so couldn't say.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the Back to the future one and the Aliens one. They were pretty well done.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps