Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » September 28, 1987 - "Encounter at Farpoint" Premieres (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: September 28, 1987 - "Encounter at Farpoint" Premieres
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure that is a Bynar, Mark. And the bottom, 2nd from left, is the Traveller. Should I be embarassed that I got 20/20?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying to remember when I first heard there was going to be this new Star Trek show, but I can't. Earliest memory I can sum up about it is a picture of the cast on the wall of my brother's dormitory at school, which I thought looked really cheesy. . . Awful-looking tight uniforms! The dark-haird chick's outfit (and hairstyle) is worse though. Is that a Klingon? Is that yellow guy an alien? What's that on the black guy's face? Why do they have an old bald guy in the crew?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was not until 1989 when TNG first aired in Germany. I knew little about the series before I actually saw it, I only remember that I didn't like the Enterprise-D a lot. I watched "Encounter at Farpoint" together with that girl from the university who was interested into Star Trek too. At some point in the middle of the double episode I got a call from my father who wanted me to pick him up somewhere. So my first experience with TNG remained incomplete.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, and here's something I made for the anniversary. [Big Grin]
Cuuuute! But I got just 18/20.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 26 and I taped it and all the subsequent series afterwards.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you REALLY wanted to pick the cool little picture apart - the Trill Spots should actually be that species from "The Perfect Mate" - since the Trill first showed up with spots on Deep Space Nine. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AllansFirebird
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for AllansFirebird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, when TNG premiered, I was exactly one year from being born! I don't think I picked up on Star Trek until I was about 3 or 4 years old.

--------------------
I will put this as succinctly as possible -- get me the hell out of here!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same Here, although the earliest TNG episodes I remember watching as a kid was BOBW and Yesterday's Enteprise. I was more concerned with the starships and special effects than the actual plot, but then again what kid wasn't.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
If you REALLY wanted to pick the cool little picture apart - the Trill Spots should actually be that species from "The Perfect Mate" - since the Trill first showed up with spots on Deep Space Nine. [Smile]

True enough - and none of the elusive Spotted Trill showed up on the series. However, there was one rather sexy example of the species on the bridge in "Insurrection", so I guess the above picture is still valid.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^That was a conscious choice on my part for the Trill, using the one showing up in Insurrection rather than the rather unremarkable version in the TV series.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, I calle dit out as Kriosian/Trill. You have to admit Kamala is competition for the sexy spots. [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best YouTube celebration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZC0SuvS6s

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant. I didn't know that was physically possible in four minutes and twenty seconds, including the choruses!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, here's the TNG opening done like Dallas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktVh64BYx4&mode=related&search=

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps