Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Playmate Star Trek Toys Return (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Playmate Star Trek Toys Return
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay: My copy of A Wrinkle in Time is held together with medical tape and the cover's nearly unreadable. Rock on [Razz]

Also, my first thought about your display was "My God that's nerdy," but I remembered a friend of mine who had a massive curio cabinet which displayed tons of Star Wars artifacts from toys to actual props from the movie, not to mention her MasterReplica lightsabers and Darth Vader lamp and so on...and I thought all that was pretty cool.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People that can't take care of books need to be drug out in the alley and shot.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux:

Years ago, I read a piece about a guy who was meeting his favorite author of all time, and he took his well loved and well read copy of the book to be signed. When he handed the book over to the author, explaining that it was his favorite book, he apologized for its condition: the cover was ripped, the spine was cracked. The author chuckled and told him that he considered the condition of the book the greatest compliment he could recieve: clearly, his writing had meant a great deal to this individual, and he could think of no higher praise.

I can't remember the name of the guy who wrote the piece, or the author's name, but I agree 100% with that sentiment.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you can't read a book published 40 years ago over 25 times and not expect some damage...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan:

I have a two bedroom apartment. While most of my apartment is, for the most part, tame and respectable ... (mostly) ...

-

(excluding the giant Lego castle in the dining room, of course ...)

-

... my den is another matter all together:

-
 -
 -

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

That's an extremely cool den. Man, I don't even have any *posters* .... just stacks and stacks and stacks of DVD-Rs...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The den looks MUCH nicer & organized now. And the living room is so...homey. Not nearly as sparse.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The den looks MUCH nicer & organized now. And the living room is so...homey. Not nearly as sparse.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Member # 343

Double post douchecock.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pray silence for my annual announcement: Jeff, you need a girlfriend. That is all, as you were.

Ugh, Playmates. As a purist I disapprove of the inaccuracies in their phasers. I even had a resin TMP phaser based on the Playmates one for a while (but in the "Yesterday's Enterprise" colour scheme) but got rid of it in the end because it annoyed me.

I'm saving my pennies for one of these puppies. Although I'll be buggered if I pay that much, I know a couple of MR dealers.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted more of the hand props. Tricorders, phasers, etc... All I have is a Klingon disruptor that lights up and makes sound.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"People that can't take care of books need to be drug out in the alley and shot."

And what do we do with people who don't know the past participle of "drag"?

And, Jeff, what exactly is the half-life of that cat's eyes...?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

He's laser-zapping a bug, I guess.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The talking heads is pretty cool.

I'll show my nephew your pics Jeff, he will hate you with envy.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
And what do we do with people who don't know the past participle of "drag"?

Grammar nazis should also be subjected to similar treatment.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps