Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » 21st Century Vulcan science ship spotted inside the Narada (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 21st Century Vulcan science ship spotted inside the Narada
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drools* *whips wes* More, fucker! More!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A most distrubing post.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. However, I direct you to this page!
Great site. So, my request would be for zoomins on the spacedock ships, both at the station and the departing fleet. And, more caps from the inside of the Narada.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Teh PW
Member # 1203

*thwap thwap thwap*!

Weeeeeeeeee! (thank you!)

Wow, Kelvin dumped a crap ton of debree after the secondary hull broke in half... (page 3)

2 Ent looking on each far sides (Though they more remind me of Akagi class patrol ships from FASA) and 1 kinda miranda without the roll bar...
3 distinct classes of vessels (old miranda-looker in the center (with 3 warp nacelles)

http://reboot.trekcaps.net/caps/Star_Trek/ariane179254_StarTrek_2933.jpg

this one (the final hull cleared) was the rollbar-less miranda-lookie (because the majority of the primary hull is round, based on where teh class number is at (visable 162...)
http://reboot.trekcaps.net/caps/Star_Trek/ariane179254_StarTrek_3408.jpg

you know, even though there could be more aquired (frame by frame is what i think we were asking) but with just that site alone, could warrant a new thread for discussion. me alone has many many q's just from those pics (TU Ariane!)

WES. concentrate on the arrival to Vulcan 1st, i suggest. looking at some of the pics, and placement of hull numbers on certain locations, i think i see gaffs (especially the last ship cleared. you see 162 on one section but did that hull rotate fast enough that the ncc section of that ship was the part that contacts the port nacelle of jj-Ent? it sure looks like in previous pics that, that portion of the hull was destroyed?)

[ October 10, 2009, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Pensive's Wetness ]

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent find, Starship Freak!

So there are indeed three distinct Starfleet vessel types besides the Enterprise: The Three-naceller, the two-nacelled-two-secondary-hulled ship, and the circular saucer-two-nacelled ship (but without a rollbar as was depicted in the concept art for the Defiant).

There's also some good pics of the Kobayashi Maru and Klingon ships.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice how before the Vulcan Fleet ships jump to warp, the aft ends glow bright(blue). Kinda like the nacelle grilles on 24th century starships in the Primeline.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´d say at least 4 starfleet vessel-types, judging by the spacedock scene. There are two rollbar-vessels in that scene, one to the right, on the second "mushroom", and one on the left, and that one does not have those circular "nodes" on the nacelles.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess I'm too late!!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll get some of the Vulcan Debris field next time. Having a really busy weekend!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These new ships have no soul.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no fucking way that ship is 700 meters long.
The inset bridge does not work with that...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Wes:
I'll get some of the Vulcan Debris field next time. Having a really busy weekend!

TU, Wes. Beautiful pics... yesh. Go get laid. that's more important (it is!)

LOL ahhhh...

hmm... Ok, the fleet still uses design estatics for Kelvin era ships (the smiley face Impulse grills, nacelles, raised lip instead of tappered primary hull, etc).

that could be because they where creating these ships at the same time they were working on the mesh for Kelvin and it was intentional to keep the JJ-Ent different. (and since this is the beginning, there wasn't supposed to be many connies, still being built. The Conny herself is probably elsewhere. that fleet mentioned)

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is no fucking way that ship is 700 meters long.
And there's no way a 20 foot tall robot like Megatron can transform into a small, handheld pistol (that Soundwave had to shoot, for crying out loud) and yet...he did. [Smile]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Maybe because they're kit-bashes of the Kelvin.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Maybe because they're kit-bashes of the Kelvin.
or simply compentories of the time. ALL of those ships in the fleet used Kelvin components (yeah kitbashs) but still fellow classes

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps