Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $? - New Aliens (Spoilers?) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $? - New Aliens (Spoilers?)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alien masks

Apparantly, these guys are in the second episode and are called the Axanar. If that's true, than it's great news. Because while they are new aliens, they have a name that's canon and familiar (-> the Battle of Axanar, with Garh of Izar from TOS).
It could be coincidental, or a genuine attempt for continuity! Positive as I am about ENT, I dare to say the last.

This, together with word of the Andorians and the Tellarites appearing, is very good news!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... Yes. This was already discussed back when these pictures came out in TVGuide.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know about the Andorians, but please, tell me more about the Tellerites appearing !!

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They aren't. Westmore (Westmore?) said that if the Tellarites were to appear, he'd have to totally redesign them. So there's as much a chance for Tellarites as there is for anyone else, I guess, but they won't be appearing in any of the episodes filmed so far, at least.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tellies appearing on the show was wishful thinking on my part based on Westmore's comments.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked up the entry for Axanar in the Encyclopedia & found something interesting. Apparently, the Battle of Axanar was a crucial turning point for the Federation, as Kirk states that because of the battle, he and Spock were able to work together as brothers. One could take this literally to mean a turning point in their personal relationship, or it could mean something bigger (i.e. Humans & Vulcans being able to work together as brothers).

How does this apply to Enterprise? Well, if there's an amicable but strained relationship between humans & Vulcans in Enterprise, it could mean that that relationship will continue to be strained until the 23rd century.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you KNOW that Archer/T'Pol will get very chummy after 7 years. If what the encylopedia is correct, (which it won't be eventually), then Kirk/Spock could be represntative of cultural feelings of both species and Archer/T'Pol would be unothordox in their time.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't see any problem with Westmore adding his touch to the Tellarites. He has with most of the other races. I have had a feeling that Lt. Nara? That was Lt Kwan's superior officer in the Nacelle control room was a female Tellarite! Have a look at her - she has that whole 'hoighty' feel and the porcine nose!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Andrew... you might be right. You could make a Tellarite out of it. I wonder if that was intentionally.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is "hoighty" a word?

And I don't think she was intended to be a Tellarite. If so, why would Westmore say they would need redesigning? He would have already done it.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm betting the Battle of Axanar takes place durring the Enterprise timeline, and Kirk is refering to it as a turning point for Vulcans and Humans, not just him and Spock.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't even know if there is such a thing as a Battle of Axanar. Just that Kirk was on a peace mission there. Or have I missed something amazing?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Kirk mentioned Garth of Izar won a major victory at planet Axanar. Afterwards, Kirk attends a peace mission, "as a newly fledged cadet", indicating this whole Axanar business takes place in the 2250s. Maybe after the battle the Axanar joined the Federation?

--------------------

Phycro Onyx
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this could get intresting
IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe Axanar already was in the Federation, and the war prevented it from seceding, thereby stopping other disgruntled members like Vulcan from seceding as well? Then Kirk and Spock "could work as brothers" as the result of the Axanar incident.

It could also be that Vulcans simply disagreed with how to handle some unspecified problem with the Axanari, and the way Garth eventually handled it proved satisfactory to the Vulcans so they decided to forge closer ties with humans. But would the Vulcans really approve of a glorious battle? Or was it the "peace mission" that impressed them?

In any case, I don't expect to see any kind of closure in ENT's handling of the Axanari. Whatever is "wrong" with them should remain that way till the 2250s.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps