Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $? - New Aliens (Spoilers?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $? - New Aliens (Spoilers?)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all we know, the Vulcans were impressed by the tactical maneuverings of Starfleet and decided to enter into closer ties with a people they hadn't realized capable of such strategy.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a sec ...

Andorians are appearing? When? Where?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Combs appears in the fourth episode, I think. And there was news about another actor doing an Andorian...no one famous...but I don't recall which episode he was going to be in.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Tellarite' in Eye of the Beholder - maybe Westmore forgot - or it wasn't an intentional Tellarite - but could pass for one - or that the MALES have to be redesigned - seeing as Nara was a female.

Hoighty - I don't know if it is a word - heh heh - I guess it is a cross between haughty and hoity-toity! ;o)

The Fifth Episode of Enterprise - I read somewhere is going to be called "The Andorian Incident".

Also - reguarding the Battle of Axanar - maybe it was THIS battle that lead to the establishment of the United Federation Of Planets? This would certainly allow Vulcans and Humans to work together as 'brothers'.

I really would LOVE to see Tellarites - no matter how much they 'tinker' with them - I mean if they are having Riged Klingons - I could deal with 'tinkered' Tellarites - as long as they are RECOGNISABLE as Tellarites.

I wonder if we are going to be seeing other core worlds... Berengaria anyone?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/050901_01.shtml

More interesting bits about the Andorians. It seems like the new Andorians are villains, which I can buy. They have already been described as violent, and there are rogue Andorians in the 24th century, so this race could be the troublemakers of the era.
It also seems like the new Andorians will possible resemble the TMP Andorians more than the other ones (and thank God they're not going for that silly TNG Andorian look!!), since Combs speaks of a forehead appliance.
And the antennae move! Jippy!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was less than thrilled to learn Combs was playing another villain. Yes, he does it well, but I was hoping for someone a bit...well, friendlier, I suppose. Oh well, wait and see, etc, I suppose.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. I thought he was going to play the Andorian ambassador or something...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then we are going to have three separate events regarding the Axanari (as they were called non-canonically before this whole ENT shenanigans)
Heres what we know

2150s. The NX Enterprise interacts with the Axanar. something happens, or maybe a whole series of somethings happening over the next few years.

Early 23rd century. Garth of Izar fights a battle at Axanar. This makes him a great hero of the day and legend to young cadets like Jimmy T. Kirk.

After that. Cadet Kirk goes to Axanar on a peace mission. He distinguishes himself and wins an award. While Garths was a respectable and laudable military victory, Kirk points out that this trip to Axanar was all about peace as a counterpoint to Garths violent ways years later.

Which one allows Vulcans and Terrans to get along better? Maybe one of the deals was that the Axanar or the Federations policy of dealing with the Axanar caused a split between the two. Possibly the Vulcans really got upset at our military actions there, courageous as they were, and the peace mission made the Vulcans more confident they wanted to be buds with these Earthers.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I just got really pissed off reding that Jeffrey Comb's interview. He said the Andorian from TOS was cheesy, and that the new makeup includes a
forehead piece!!!?????
I hope to god he's only talking about the antennae
WTF WTF

WESTMORE: ALIENS DONT HAVE TO HAVE THINGS ON THEIR FOREHEADS!!!!!!!
Romulans used to not have things on their foreheads.. now they do. Cant you just do an alien the way it used to look?
*sob*

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Sucky, you mean? Oh boy.
capped
Member # 709

the Tellarites WERE redesigned (quite well too.. for The Voyage Home in the council chamber) and Nara in 'The Eye of the Beholder' looked nothing like any tellarite, she didnt have deep eyes or a porcine nose, her nose was bi-furcated into slits and the appliance continued about her face in a really non-Tellarite fashion. Simply put, Tellarite noses stick out far, and hers was designed to be flat on her face. A complete opposite when you think about it.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

And now you've posted this twice. Why?
capped
Member # 709

because we were talking about it in two places.. sorry.. next time ill start a new thread

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were Tellartubbies in The Voyage Home?
Where? Where? Lemmesee!!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

Unofficially. there was a guy wearing furs and a nosepiece... he looks very much like the very model of a modern major tellarite. Or wed lik to think he was.. jpg anyone? he was identified as such in the LUG Price of Freedom RPG sourcebook

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps