Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Favorite Alien(s) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Alien(s)
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is your favorite alien(s)?
Here is a list of my favorite aliens.

Vulcans
Votars (sp)
Trills
Betazoids
Deltans

------------------
Logic is the beginning of wisdom

[This message has been edited by Saboc (edited November 14, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Votars? And this might be better suited to General Discussion. Not like Chris is going to do anything about it, of course.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please state the nature of the administrative emergency!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta go with the Trill. They are oh so sexy (the ladies anyway). I love the spots.

However, the Klingons are great for a day filled with senseless violence and screaming at the top of your lungs. I think I'd like to hang out with them after work.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always felt that the Tellurites and Andorians got too little screen time. At least we rarely saw either as a main character.

--Baloo

------------------
It is far less important to agree than it is to understand.
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Saboc
Ex-Member

yup...that's true.
I like the Bolians better than the Klingons.

------------------
-Father of Vulcan phylosophy(forgot his name): "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too would like to see a female Bolian as a main character. Maybe a Bolian/ Human hybrid would be cool. But she'd have to be in shape and sort of good looking. The Bolians we've seen so far have sort of annoying. Crewman Schell (or whatever) from Voyager and Mr. Mott, "the best barber in Starfleet". Yikes! I couldn't handle them on a weekly basis.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

I have to say that the Vaadwaur are pretty interesting to me, even though they've only been in one episode. I liked the Vidiians, too, but I don't think enough was done with them.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vorlons!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Baloo. Andorians are supposedly such great warriors, but we've only seem them in action at cocktail parties. Wouldn't you like to see a ship full of snarling Andorians or a bunch of them armed with swords and shields come screaming over the crest of a hill? The Tellarites should also reappear with an updated design. Bring back the Gorn and the Tholians too.

As for a female Bolian, wasn't there one in that episode in which Picard was abducted for some experiment and placed in a room with a clerk, a cadet, and a Naussican-like alien and fed air hockey pucks?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Krenim. Definitely the Krenim.

*Smites TPTB for wasting precious references on the Devore*

Followed by the Romulans and Vidiians.

Yes, the Gorn and Tholians should be brought back, especially with advances in CGI. Whereas they were hokey back in TOS, they would actually look quite formidable now.

------------------
"Stop right there! I have here the only working phaser ever built! It was fired only once: to keep William Shatner from making another album."

- The Collector, "Treehouse of Horror X," The Simpsons.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Krenim, the Romulans, the Vidiians (aliens with a motive and compassion!), and the Vorta.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Saboc
Ex-Member

I think right now, Vorta is my favorite species. It used to be Vulcans. But for some reason, I like Vorta better now...lol...

------------------
-Father of Vulcan phylosophy(forgot his name): "Nothing unreal exists"

Saboc
Ex-Member

I was really upset when I found out that Section 31 was the cause of the Founders' disease. I was even more upset that the Federation didn't do anything about it. (I guess I was upset because I like the Founders better than the Federation...lol..)

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the main races, the Romulans are definitely the best.

As for the ones we don't see enough, I like the Tholians (even though I've never seen "The Tholian Web") and the Tzenkethi (even though no-one's seen them). I also agree that some of the TOS aliens should be brought back, like Andorians and Gorn. However, I could do w/o the Tellarites...

------------------
"Alright, so it's impossible. How long will it take?"
-Commander Adams, Forbidden Planet

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps