Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Favorite Alien(s) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite Alien(s)
TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, bring me some Tholians!!! I'd give anything to see one, but I doubt it will ever happen. DS9 has been making constant reference to the Tholians (an observer that was killed, an ambassador that came to visit de station, Tholian silk, the non-agression pact they signed with the Dominion) but has never even shown one.
It would be really cool to see them as almost everyone in the non-canon seem to support the crystalline idea (Klingon academy for example).

It's almost become a joke like Morn's "incessant chating". We've never heard him and we've built such a myth around it that if they actually were to show him talking, we would all have been disappointed and I believe the same would happen with Tholians. By the way, I heard there are Tholians in "The New Frontier" book serie. Can anyone give me more details?

------------------
-If you ask me, I think continuity is highly overrated...
*Brannon Braga*

-Give me Good Trek or give me Death!
*Me*

-Where were you when the brains were handed out?
*Sonic the Hedgehog*

IP: Logged
Saboc
Ex-Member

I was really diappointed when they showed the Breen. I thought Breen would be like tall and scary, with bright red eyes. But they made them look just like us. What a disappointment.

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We actually haven't seen what the Breen look like. I kind of like the mystery too so I hope they never reveal their appearance.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Saboc
Ex-Member

Where are all the Deltans? We only heard of them from the first Startrek movie and then no one mentioned again. I kind of like the Deltans especially their matured sexuality. How many species in the Alpha and Beta quadrants are sexually matured...(sorry..I had to mention sexuality and stuff...I major in it...)

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must provide a handy pickup line, no?

I think, emphasis on think, that in one of his question and answer sessions back on AOL, Ron Moore made a comment that their mental image of the Tholians would require CGI (and hence money) to bring to the screen. Which might explain why they never showed up. Though that might please those of us who want to see really bizarre looking Tholians.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the unclear viewscreen images of the Tholians, I always pictured them coming from a very hot, very radioactive planet with pools of molten metals scattered around. If this is true, they might not be able to walk around in the same environments as humans. Maybe they would be confined to their ships and we might see them only on low-rez, color-shifted viewscreens. It would be cheaper this way: you could even use puppets.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Moore: "Quick! Send for Jim Henson's Creature Shop!"

Then again, maybe not. Of course, I like their work on Farscape, so then again...?

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Saboc
Ex-Member

hahaha...
No...I am not interested romantically in anyone for like a long time (psychological side-effects), so no "handy pick-up lines.." I don't believe in romantic love and marriages.

Anyway, in the novel: Star Trek - New Frontier, I think they did some descriptions of Tholians...right?

------------------
Spend all your time waiting for a second chance, a break that would make it ok...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. I have all NF books. No Tholians. Yet.

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and my fav species are the Romulans. I think it'd be cool if the next series showed the Vorta, too. It'd be interesting to se a Vorta or two in Starfleet, n'est-ce pas?

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vorta in Starfleet? Wouldn't that be like oil on water?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

Hrm... we know that Starfleet is willing to accept crewmembers who were once "the enemy"--Klingons, for example. Remember, though, that the Vorta are genetically engineered, and Starfleet has regs against that sort of thing. Although they made an exception once, the Vorta happen to be engineered to do the Founders' bidding--no matter what you do, they're gonna be a security risk.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were supposedly Deltans in the chambers in Star Trek IV - those really gay guys that shout Bravo! heh heh

arrgh - I'm gonna bring this up again - lets try and name all the members of the federation council in Star Trek: IV

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps