Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What would you like to see? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you like to see?
ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After watching the Enterprise eps on my computer a few times my mind started to wonder about what I was hopping to be able to see in a future show some time.

I am hopping to see some non-human species kick the butt of the enterprise in a space battle, have the crew go against someone with a shield (and have those missles just bounce off) and things like that.

anybody else have things they would like to see?

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still secretly 'hopping' for a serious TOS cross-over episode. I just want to see some sixties guys laugh about how primitive the NX-01 is, *and* make it believable .
Something like TNG did the U.S.S. Bozeman and the Ent-C, or DS9 with tribbles episode.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a neat idea ...

But not an easy one to pull off.. We'd have the freakin' Continuity Police ALL OVER IT!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmm...the missles bounced off the alien shields in "Fight or Flight" and the Enterprise has pretty much taken a beating in every battle it's been in.

I would like to see the series tie in with TOS but it has to be done in a way that doesn't say "We couldn't think of anything better to do with this series so we're going to bring in some TOS characters because people will watch that."

What I want out of this series, and what I've always hoped it would do, is for it to lay a foundation for what is to come after it. I want background on some of the events we've already seen. I want to be rewarded for having watched all the other series. I think that's one of the things that will make this series work on it's own and as part of the whole.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And BTW, when I said TOS cross-over, I didn't actually mean using the same characters of TOS, so none of the famous TOS-era people. Nor would I want a Constitution class ship.. although they'd probably screw it all up majorly if they tried to design a 1701 contempory.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see ...

... MCI WorldCom roasting slowly in the molten pits of hell, actually.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see a Starfleet vessel that was actually built for combat, even if it can't go warp "4".

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE TELLARITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE TELLARITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard you just fine the FIRST time, thank you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who were the Tellarites again?

Tellarians and Tellarites are not connected right?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tellarites == short furry pig-nosed guys from "Journey to Babel"
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

And, apparently, the Vulcans really don't like them 'cuz they smell ten times worse.

Ick.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Force, you mean 'Talarians', and they're quite different from Tellerites.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...who are also quite different from the Terrelians...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps