Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What would you like to see? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you like to see?
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Tellerites, Telarians, Terrelians, Capt. Terrel'. What's with all these T and R and Ls? Oh, god. NOOOOOO!!!!

What do I wanna see? More decontamination gel! No, not really. Well, OK, maybe. I mean I wouldn't scream and yell or anything. As long as it's done tastefully. OK, well it doens't have to be completely tasteful. Just a little tastelessness. A pinch. A dollop... I'm doing that creepy-geek thing again aren't I?

Ok, no seriously? I'd like to see a bunch of spooky conspiracy stuff. I'd like to see more hand-to-hand combat. (Reed: 'I know Kung Fu.') I'd like to see Sato portrayed in a positive light. I'd like to find out Phlox has some wonderful and compelling deviation. I'd like to see Archer get worn down, lose it and just destroy some(every)one/thing in a fit of venemous rage that he can feel bad about later, but from which he derives total animal satisfaction at the moment. I'd like to see T'Pol's superior strength let her rescue one of the more macho characters, and maybe have to nurse (not like that, you sickos) said character back to health. And Most of all I'd like to see a lot of very tense and dramatic epic space battles with huge sparking chunks of ships getting sheared off and nuclear weapons getting beamed into the bad guys' engine rooms.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not by any chance on any form of medication, are you...?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" nuclear weapons getting beamed into the bad guys' engine rooms "

I have yet to read anywhere that they are using Nukes in this time period. Are they?

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in TOS "Balance of Terror" Spock mentioned that the Romulan Wars were fought with 'primitive' atomic weapons. I would like to think that this will be remembered in ENT, and I theorize that it's even possible that the missile-like torpedos used on the show may even be some form of nuclear device.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I don't get why an anti-matter explosion is better then nuke.

We know for a fact that temperature and radiation level at the center and near proximity of a "fusion" explosion is about the same as the center of a sun

We also know for a fact that most star ship can't even get close to the sun without being toasted.

Not to mention the EMP generated by the explosion.

So, why the hell do star ship use Anti-Matter instead of fusion weapons?

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe to avoid getting toasted by the EMP from your own missile

Maybe because antimatter leaves less 'dirty radiation' and instead concentrates the energy release into hot blast effects rather than irradiating the vicinity and debris for a while

Something to do with the way it pierces shields r, ahem 'polarized hulls' more efficiently..

They must be worth the while, im trying to figure out whats more dangerous to carry, antimatter or uranium? probably antimatter, so whatever it does better must be worth their while for going through the trouble of carrying it

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe because a matter/antimatter reaction is the most energetic one in the universe? Maybe? Physics, you know? Just possibly?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno? Is it? Is it really? Can I use more question marks then Sol? Is Kevin Kline in a new film? Why? What? Who? Eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nyrath the nearly wise
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I would like to see can be summed up in one word: Tholians

And hear them as well. They have the coolest alien voices I've ever heard. One reviewer described it as "the sound of five angry sopranos singing through a filter"

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tholians are at least known to the Klingons in 2151, since the name "Tholia" was one of the words Sato couldn't recognize.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps