Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The next movie (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The next movie
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When is the next movie coming out?
I hope the new one will do better than the last one. The last one disappointed me.

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount has yet to request a new movie. They pay the bills, so it's their call. I've read a thing or two, that said Berman and company would like to release a new film in 2001. It may or may not have the TNG cast. If not, it may be a whole new group of people, maybe seting up the next series.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Saboc
Ex-Member

Hmmm...Kosh, that sounds like a great idea to start a new series.
Please no one tries to kill me when read this: I am sick of TNG cast. I'm sick of Picard's heroic image. Riker's inflated ego is sufficating me. Data's rank depresses me. New group of people might just be the best idea

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must resist urge to have saboc assassinated. True the TNG cast has been around and done everything but they are still the young group in the movie area. I would much rather see them then Bill Shatner and his tribble toupe.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see the title now:

"2001: a Star Trek Oddyssey"

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Saboc
Ex-Member

Now honestly, don't you think that Riker's ego is a bit too big?

------------------
Spend all your time waiting for a second chance, a break that would make it ok...

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

Riker's a twit. Ignore him.

It's too soon for a DS9 movie (if we ever see one), and I'd like to see the TNG cast go out on a high note. A sendoff at this point would be a bit difficult to manage, but the last TNG moment should be something other than the Ent-E limping away from a planet inhabited by the one remaining race of space hippies--where, I might add, the Federation acted completely out of character. (I'd like to think that the Great Bird would put it in the same category as STV and declare it non-Trek.)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree about a DS9 movie. I think the crossovers have been established enough that a combined TNG DS9 cast would be great. The movie might deal with Sisko's return (from where shall be left unsaid) and a team up between him and Picard. Sisko wouldn't be acting in a Starfleet capacity but as the Emissary. The rest of the crew would be under Picard. Maybe we do away with Data (since Brent Spiner seems uninterested in doing Data anymore), Troi (though I'm in love with Marina Sirtis), Crusher and some of the other secondaries.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insurrection was by far the most "Star Trek"-like of movie of the past decade. The ideals were similar, and so you have a Starfleet admiral acting in what he believes to be the best interest of the Federation (it wasn't necessarily true that the Council agreed to this, remember)... That makes it bad?

It was quintessentially Star Trek as it appeared in the first four movies and in TOS.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I would personally like to see a TNG/Voyager cross over in the next movie. This, I think, has more potential, especially if it deals with a return of the Borg, and some kind of Janeway/Seven and Piccard conflict.

But one character who really should be brought back (as he has been noticably absent in the last two movies) is Q! The Q episodes were among the best of TNG episodes, especially the first Borg episode and the one where Piccard dies and goes back in time to prevent being stabbed through the chest (Sorry, can never remember the episode names, have to rely on descriptions ).

As for when, I wouldn't expect (nor want) another movie before 2001, and if it means a better picture in the end I'd be willing to wait longer for it.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

Aban: While I agree a TNG/DS9 crossover would be possible, I'd rather see a final on-screen adventure for the TNG cast rather than them "passing the torch" to DS9.

Elim: Nah, I thought it was bad as a movie. As Trek, I suppose it's what you make it--but I thought it was rather silly.

To each his (or her!) own...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: I don't want to see them pass the torch either. In fact, I think the movies (how ever many there are left to be made) should crossover alot until the TNG cast decides not to do it anymore. Think of this too: one big extravagant movie with all three crews involving Q, the Borg, Voyager's homecoming and the secret of life! Well, OK maybe not but think of what a spectacular finale for the franchise that would be. If the creators are done creating, maybe that's the way to go.

------------------

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

I wouldn't mind all three casts coming together for one Big Finish if it could be done well--it'd be a great way to wrap up the TNG/DS9/VOY era of Trek, and it would give Trek a chance for a breather. Handling all these themes in one movie might be a bit difficult, though. Reflecting on what you've said, what I'd most like to see is one sweeping epic released as two movies in close succession, a five-year hiatus from all Trek, and then a solidly written series about one of the time periods we haven't had a chance to see on screen (pre-TOS or between STVI and TNG).

And as long as I'm dreaming, my own island nation.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Good plan. My vote is still for a Enterprise B series. "Star Trek: Middle Ages" or something.

------------------

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

Thank you!

I'd personally prefer this solidly written series to be Star Trek: Excelsior, but an Ent-B series would be my second choice.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps