Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Archgeek? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Archgeek?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reorganizing my place this weekend, when I realized something...

I have exactly 322 Trek and trek-related volumes of print, from the Bantam & Pocket Books novels to the "reference books" to "non-fiction" books like "Is Data Human?" and "Make it so: Leadership lessond from the Next Generation" to parodies like "Star Wreck: The Generation Gap." to fan-works like Jackill's guides and "History of the Vessel Enterprise."

Does this qualify me as an Archgeek yet?

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus wept. 322? Yup, that is officially sad.
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's 321 more than I have.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have every DS9 CIC video and Every Voyager CIC video + all eight widescreen CIC videos + 13 TNG CIC Videos all lined up in my room...

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 17 Trek reference books, 120 Trek CIC videos (mostly DS9), and ST:VI through IX on DVD

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the entire run of TOS, the Movies I-VIII, Most of the Final Chapter on home video, and scattered other shows I really liked. I have the Fan-created MST3K-ized ST:V. I have two blooper reels, and have watched (although I no longer possess it) Sex Trek: The Next Penetration.

I have at least one of every AMT/Ertl starship model yet produced, as well as four self-created kitbashed ships.

I have Star Trek kids' coloring books, and a Trek sleeping bag (in storage, never used).

And I haven't even BEGUN talking about my non-Trek collections...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't added my 25 reference books...
100 magazines
the micromachines collectors box
soundtracks to I, II, III, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX
DS9
TNG BOBW
Voyager
30th anniversary collection

TNG season 1 + folder and chase cards Season II, Season III and season IV collection cards...

DS9 season 1

All Generations cards (bar 1 chase card - picard on the mountain)

Voyager - The caretaker cards

hundreds of blackboardered and white boardered CCG

+ heaps of stuff I can't think of right now

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sign that you are an archgeek: Okuda calls *you*
Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Tom turns sixteen shades of green at the mention of the MiSTed STV.*
IP: Logged
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I guess that I have to confess my shame now...

I have 321 Star Trek novels (TNG, DS9, Voyager, Captain's Chair collection, Dominion War collection), 2 technical manuals, three versions of the ST: Encyclopedia, all the ST: Magazine editions, the ST: TNG Enterprise-D blueprints, all the Star Trek movies on tape, the original Star Trek pilot tape, Star Ship Creator software, and ST: Borg game.

I also have 77 Federation starship models ranging from various scales and cannon and non-cannon ships.

------------------
I don't care who you are, where you're from
What you did, as long as you love me.
Who you are, where you're from
What you did, as long as you love me.

-Backstreet Boys

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael T: I see that you have the Starship Creator software. Is it any good or is it just more fuel for those darned kitbashers? I hear that it has some sort of 3-D rotation feature.

Here's my hoard: ("officially sanctioned" stuff) I have the first two editions of the Encyclopedia, both chronologies, TOS Sketchbook and movie Sketchbook, the TNG compendium, making of DS9, making of star trek, Where no one has gone before, Art of Star Trek, Starfleet technical manual, Star Trek spaceflight chronology, Star Trek Concordance, TNG tech manual, DS9 tech manual, Ent D blueprints, Ent-null blueprints, TNG continuing mission, Interactive TNG tech manual, Interactive Encyclopedia, Inside Star Trek, some bios of Roddenberry and Kirk, and I just bought the Star Trek Maps at ebay!
Too many damn model kits and micromachines to count.
Tapes of all the movies (except V) and "The Trouble with Tribbles"

I don't have any novels. (I've never read any. Am I missing anything?)

"Unofficial stuff": Starfleet Dynamics, Starship Prototype, Ships of the Star Fleet (1 and 2); blueprints for EntA, Oberth, Robot freighter, Huron, Miranda Perimeter action ships, and Excelsior; all the Nitpicker books, Lots of Cinefantastique, Cinefex, and American Cinematographer, Logbook, etc., etc., etc.

Obviously, some people will buy almost anything. (Of course, I am immune to the effects of....)

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael_T: Are all of the 77 starships model kits or do you also count Micromachines?

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 29 novels, the Encyclopedia Second Edition, Ent-D blueprints, issues 1-6 of The Official Magazine, ST2, ST3, ST6, and ST8 on video, 30 TNG eps and counting (repeats are on ASN this year), 46 DS9 eps (including WYLB), 51 VGR eps and counting. And you don't want to know how much disk space I have crammed with ST stuff on my computer and on my parents's computer (naughty me ).

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only missing three DS9s and four TOSs, but have all the other episodes and films. Gotta love VCRs. And I don't want to start on the books, novels, calendars, models, and stuff...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think Creator is pretty fun.

I have the following:
ST:TNG Tech Manual, ST S9 Tech Manual, Art of Star Trek, Star Trek Chronology, Star Trek Encyclopedia 2nd Edition, Making of DS9, ST:VOY Vision of the Future, ST:TNG Movies Sketchbook, Secrets of Insurrection, The Second ST Chronology, Physics of Star Trek, Biology of Star Trek, Enterprise-D Blueprints, Subscription to ST:Magazine, NCC-1701 Poster, NCC-1701D Poster, NCC-1701E Poster, Voyager Poster, Starship Creator Deluxe, Starfleet Command, Captain's Chair, Game Show, Interactive TNG Tech Manual, Dominion War Series.
Up to Season 3 of Voyager Videos from Columbia House, Up to Season 4 of DS9, Up to Season 4 of TNG, all of TOS, all the Movies on VHS, Insurrection on DVD and over 1GB of ST info on my computer.
phew...

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps