Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Uhura first name (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Uhura first name
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the trek novelists are just quaking in their boots.

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a long time two name for Uhura have been bandied about: Penda and Nyota, Nyota being the more popular one. IIRC it means "star" and the person who came up with it mentioned it to Nichelle Nichols and she liked it enough to claim it to be Uhura's given name. Of course that makes it about as canon as Patrick Stewart saying the yacht is called the Calypso. For awhile some were saying that Sulu's first name was Walter until Hikaru got canonized.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's about Nyota Penda Uhura ?

And the E-D yacht was the Calypso. Canon perhaps not, but if Patrick Stewart says it was, hey - he's the captain!

------------------
"You see, unlike you I understand history!
My name will blaze across the stars long after your petty treachery has been for-gotten !!!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps