Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Holodeck - what would you create!?! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Holodeck - what would you create!?!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK this is a bit of a hypothetical situtation - that came to me as I was driving home the otherday after no sleep for nearly 24 hours and after my anatomy exams

What TWO programs would you create on the holodeck if you had the chance...

one relaxational
one physical...

this doesn't have to degrade into sexual fantasy's people

For me

relaxational: an island of green green grass surrounded by pure blue ocean stretching as far as the eye could see with a nice breeze blowing... and not too hot and not too cold...

physical: a recreation of The Lord of the Rings...

your turn - indulge yourself...

Andrew

Landru

err Andrew

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To relax, maybe a beach.

I don't think I could top Middle Earth. I'd like to see them copy Moria!! Fight your way throught the Orcs, then face the Balrog!!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Striker
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh, you want to ask people about what they would do on a holodeck and you expect it not to degrade to sexual fantasy's? Heh, ok ok.
Physical: Some sort of fighting set in a cool sci-fi universe like StarWars Matrix etc.
Relaxational: Snowboarding somewhere totally exotic

------------------
-Striker
kob.diabloii.net

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  1. Physical: A WW I flying ace scenario complete with old aircraft.

Safety protocols engaged, of course, those old crates were rather unsafe even when perfectly maintained!

2. Relaxation: A well-stocked log cabin high in the Sierra Nevada mountains during a mild snow fall.

Fireplace, well-stocked larder (and liquor cabinet), picture windows so you could watch the swirling snow from within a safe, warm haven.

"Brrr! It's cold out there, isn't it! More brandy?"

--Baloo

------------------
"Scrooge had often heard it said that Marley had no bowels, but he had never believed it until now."
-- Charles Dickens (A Christmas Carol -- Charles Dickens)
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Play: idealized tropical beach setting (the movie version of "Contact" and American commercials for Corona Beer come to mind.)

Slay: any Yankee big-budget action movie (Some-one already said The Matrix) impossible car chases, wacky helicopter stunts, infinite-capacity firearms, a target-rich environment of bad guys, optional space monsters, {and Xentrick gets the girl by the closing credits. yeah, as if... }

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relaxation: You don't wanna know...

Physical: More of the same... ;-)

------------------
"Is he live or dead? Has he thoughts within his head?"
-Black Sabbath, "Iron Man"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
relaxation: Risa, but not quite so warm and no men
physical: maybe a fleet yards scenario

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relax: I have to go with a nice warm beach. With lots of beautiful women.

Physical: Big guns, lots of targets, and jets fighters to fly.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to take a YF-23 stealth fighter out for a spin, maybe even take out a few enemy fighters.

As for relaxation, I'm thinking small cabin in the mountains in Canada or Scandinavia (sp?) like in Airwolf.

------------------
Life on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free annual trip around the sun!

=\V/=

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a holodeck, I'd presumably have a starship attached to it. That would be all the recreation I'd need for at least a year.

And anyone who says they wouldn't use a holodeck for sex is a liar. That'd be it's raison d'etre!

------------------
"He'll kill us all if we don't kill him first!
KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!!!!"

Sir Camelot
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
combat in a F-16 and then Capt. of the Akira

or a wine party with Tori Amos

IP: Logged
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Physical: I'd prefer an F-22 or X-35, and maybe my own firearms range
2. Relaxing: Beautiful Cabin, on a beautiful mountain top, with beautiful trees, maybe some more beautiful stuff.

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would want to recreate space battles. We've seen on Star Trek. To relax I'd make a beach from Risa.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Physical: A Lightsaber duel similar to the one in ST:TPM. And maybe some Skydiving (so if the chute fails, then the safeties would be on......)

Relaxational: A nice Roller Coaster ride........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sir Camelot!!!!!!!! I'd want to do that wine party in REAL LIFE I'd bring a few bottles of some nice Australian wines

Andrew
one of the ears with feet

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps