Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » NX-02? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NX-02?
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mayweather: (...)There are three more NX-Class ships on the drawing boards.(...}

Oh, yes... I forgot about Matt Jefferies... But they already mentioned 'captain Jefferies'...

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endevour would be a more likely choice. Columbia and Discovery would be a little to soon...

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did something happen to the Discovery while I wasn't looking?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you hear? It got notified over subspace. Very messy. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm predicting that we don't see it until at least the fourth season and we don't hear a word about it until the resolution to the "Xindi saga" --- that just sounds stupid.

I would say those continual names that have been forever thrown around will be in the running but higher contenders would be Columbia and Jefferies--- perhaps even crazily enough the Roddenberry might be a possibility, no other high profile ship that I can think of since his death.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cochraine?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
Endevour would be a more likely choice. Columbia and Discovery would be a little to soon...

uh.. er... Challenger. Okay, I guess enough time's passed to forget.. humph.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cochrane".
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they already honored the shuttle Challenger with a starship with this name NCC-71099, Galaxy-class, in the Voyager episode "Timeless." Because it is the latest manned spacecraft loss, I bet that the NX-02 will be named Columbia, in honor of those who perished. I was just joking before about the name Yorktown.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira, episode thirteen.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Agreed, Kazeite.

Then NX-03 Challenger
NX-04 Atlantis
NX-05 Endeavour
NX-06 Buran

BTW - NASA is short one shuttle now - why don't they just buy Buran and give it a make-over - it could be done on Ricki Lake! [Smile]

I suspect they could do up Enterprise as a resque ship. It's smaller and heavier then the rest of the fleet, so it probably wouldn't be of much use for research or as a lifting body.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be cheaper and cause less effort expended to purchase a new Space Shuttle than to retrofit any of the existing non-space faring orbiters.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm worried now, because either Kosh is making the sort of appalling spelling mistake that someone his age really shouldn't, or "resque" is a word that I should know, but don't.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops - my bad - forgetting Discovery! I knew I was missing one - but I couldn't be arsed checking the web [Smile]

Enterprise as a Rescue ship - hmmm!

What about just as a people mover?

Why doesn't Russia just fix the Buran and have their own cash-cow for putting LARGE loads in orbit - I mean it can hold more than the US shuttles.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps