Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise Changes its Title Song? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Enterprise Changes its Title Song?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generations had very little scoring. First Contact and Insurrection I wasn't terribly impressed by, but then I'm not a big fan of Goldsmith (GASP!). I love his TMP/TNG theme, and his Klingon theme, but think they've been overused as thematic elements. And I've not yet been able to sit all the way through Nemesis, and have been too distracted by the abysmal story to notice the score.

That said, most of latter TNG, DS9, and VOY had as forgettable a collective score as Generations. To be perfectly honest, I can't remember any of the music from Generations beyond the opening title theme. I think that says something...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The extremely cool Mahler-inspired Nexus music, maybe?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to me, in Generations it was the last time we heard a truly triumphant main theme... well, not the actual opening theme, but its expanded version.
By 'triumphant' I mean something like TNG theme, with Enterprise soaring through the screen.

In First Contact and Insurrection main theme was very calm, and Nemesis score was downright depressing. It's not what I expect from Star Trek movies. I want "optimism, captain!" [Big Grin]

Back to the original thread, I liked "Faith of the Heart". I actually remember lyrics now [Smile]
Changing the theme will mean that shuttle Enterprise (along with the cast of TOS thats supposed to be in this particular shot) will be gone, further decreasing "trekness factor" of Enterprise [Wink]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Characters of TOS? Huh?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene when the Space Shuttle Enterprise is rolled out.

So - I've just started at the end of this thread - are they getting rid of the original opening!?!

Bah! I've now grown to like it. Silly little men thinking that retooling the show superficially will make up for their lack of spotting good stories.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
best image i could find, thats the cast at the rollout, shown with the angle that is in the ENT credits.

i's sure i'd be able to see the leisure suits like beacons ..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About DS9: I liked both versions of the titles. Actually I don't know which one I prefer. I am currently in the process of watching all DS9 espisodes in the correct order on DVD, and have rarely fastforwarded the titles.

However I really hate "Faith of the heart" - as Enterprise theme song or otherwise. Just not my kind of music. If it has to be that cheesy, then rather have Aerosmith do some kind of song like "I don't wanna miss a thing" (The "rock" version of course).

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't we already sorta agree that this isn't the real shuttle Enterprise, but a retouch of one of the flightworthy orbiters? And that this isn't a big roll-out scene anyway, but rather some mundane towing out of an OPF?

If they went to that much trouble, then I'm sure they did insert the TOS cast, too. I can *almost* recognize the neck of George Takei on that helmet-and-coverall guy third from the right. Or is it the fourth? And Nichelle Nichols is looking from the orbiter window. Or mooning us. Hard to tell since they went overboard with all that obviously fake "glare".

Timo Saloniemi

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Didn't we already sorta agree

I AGREED NOTHING !!
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's still faith of the heart. I think the only difference is that there is an electric guitar, bass guitar, and some type of drums dubbed on top of the original track. Better, but The Calling could beat it.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed added instrumentation...so much so the distinctive "whoosh" at the end when it goes to warp is less distinguishable...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's horrible. They ruined it!
I liked the old version of "Faith of the Heart," but now because of complaining fanboys, it's been changed. To this!
Aaahhh!

Well, at least I still have the first episode of "Enterprise" on tape, so if I want to hear the original theme again, I can just watch it there.

--------------------
Meh

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$ $ $

Rumour has it that the whole title sequence will be changed in one of the next episodes.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reaching back ever so slightly in the thread, I was shocked to learn that it was Chattaway that had done "Tin Man". I first started paying attention to him in the later seasons of TNG.

That is when he had started making sure that the orchestra would never ever shut the f^ck up for a single moment. The instruments were always chatting away with one another (if you'll pardon the all too correct pun), no matter what.

Important dialogue? "Shit, play it loud."
A quiet, somber moment? "Shit, play it loud. And make it suspenseful!"
Action scene? "W00t! Orgy-stra!"

I hate Jay Chattaway.

But he was cool on Tin Man. And Inner Light. But that's probably it. Bastard. They'd have done better to re-cut TOS music.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I think the new instruments don't exactly follow the flow of existing music (especially in the middle of the song), but I must say I rather like overall effect [Smile]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps