Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Enterprise Changes its Title Song? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Enterprise Changes its Title Song?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apologize
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's another one.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Didn't we already sorta agree that this isn't the real shuttle Enterprise, but a retouch of one of the flightworthy orbiters? And that this isn't a big roll-out scene anyway, but rather some mundane towing out of an OPF?

If they went to that much trouble, then I'm sure they did insert the TOS cast, too. I can *almost* recognize the neck of George Takei on that helmet-and-coverall guy third from the right. Or is it the fourth? And Nichelle Nichols is looking from the orbiter window. Or mooning us. Hard to tell since they went overboard with all that obviously fake "glare".

Timo Saloniemi

Surely you jest...

-

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COMPROMISZE NOTHING!!

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelley's trousers are fantastic.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's not the rollout of the Enterprise with the TOS crew. While it may be the Enterprise, that certainly is not the TOS crew next to it. (BTW, I'm talking about the shot used in the credits). When the original rollout occured, the name was painted in the cargo bay doors. In the clip from the credits, you'll notice that the name is printed on the cockpit instead (as in all the other shuttles). The Enterprise was eventually altered a little in the 1980s to look more like her space-worthy sisters. One of these alteration included the repainting of the name on the cockpit instead of on the bay doors. That clip is probably of the Enterprise being rolled out after her alteration with a bunch of people on hand to witness it. I don't think it was stated anywhere that those people were the TOS crew or were to represent them. So it could have been other people on hand to see this rollout.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, however, the picture I placed above is identical, although cropped, as the one seen in the inset of the roll out video on page 3 of this thread. So they are clearly showing the TOS cast in the credits of Enterprise...
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Reiterated by CaptainMike20X6:
 - i's sure i'd be able to see the leisure suits like beacons ..

um.. no, that means that i have clearly cropped a photo of the cast and pasted it into a cap from the credits

this's the cap from the credits.. notice the name is painted in a different place on the Enterprise than it is in the inset picture. notice that the people in the ENT cap are not the TOS cast.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, the real question is based on these pictures in perspective with the TOS cast:

What is the length of the Enterprise?

[Wink]

capped
Member # 709

caption: much like its descendants, the OV Enterprise changes configurations between shots

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What is the length of the Enterprise?"

Never ask that question!

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so, what is the length of Defiant? [Big Grin]

Oh well, so isn't TOS cast... although I believe it is indeed the Enterprise - note the covered RCS thrusters.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Length of the Defiant:
 -

End of argument.

Shouldn't it be "Enterprise" rather than "The Enterprise" when talking about the shuttle? I thought that's why the version in the show doesn't have a "The" in front of it...because it's suppossed to be more NASA than Navy.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike20X6:

this's the cap from the credits.. notice the name is painted in a different place on the Enterprise than it is in the inset picture. notice that the people in the ENT cap are not the TOS cast.

Doooooooooooh! [Roll Eyes]

I see now...guess if I actually watched the theme I would have realized that that was partially your creation and not the 'real thing'... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
It's horrible. They ruined it!
I liked the old version of "Faith of the Heart," but now because of complaining fanboys, it's been changed. To this!
Aaahhh!

Well, at least I still have the first episode of "Enterprise" on tape, so if I want to hear the original theme again, I can just watch it there.

Yep. Berman said it was changed to be a little faster and edgier...

In exactly what way is a country/western version of a song that was once recorded by Rod Stewart "edgier"?

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps