Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Ep: Impulse - $$$$ ($poilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ep: Impulse - $$$$ ($poilers)
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who doesn't think this episode was incredible ... is crazy!

The format was amazing - i loved the prologue .. the music and the mood of the entire ep was incredible! Lots of action - Reed shows up another MACO... Great FX - the asteroid field ROCKED!!!

I Loved the scene as the Enterprise approaches the Field ... very high view ... awesome!!!

I just loved it.. and to see T'Pol loose it was a bonus !!

And who can dislike Vulcan zombies... c'mon [Razz] hahaha..

I really liked this episode - it's one of my faves...

Cheers...

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alshrim:
Anyone who doesn't think this episode was incredible ... is crazy!

Then paint me crazy.

That had to qualify as the single most story free episode of any Star Trek I've ever seen.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That had to qualify as the single most story free episode of any Star Trek I've ever seen.
You must have missed most of TNG's second and seventh season, TOS's final few episodes and all of Voyager....

The Ep had LOTS of good plot points: the missing Vulcan ship mentioned last season, the mystery of the crazy Vulcans (again from last season), the search for Trellium D (from the past four episodes!) and good character development for both Archer and Trip.
Trip's really come into his own with decisive command decisions lately.

And Mayweather is both useful and believable.
Far more so than say, Geordi. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the fact that they cut off in the middle of the "T'Pol is going crazy" storyline at the end, but didn't resort to saying "To be continued...". Adding those words would have made it seem like they were saying "Yeah, we're continuing a story over multiple episodes, but that's a very rare thing, so we need to point it out.". Perhaps they really are getting into an arc format, like they suggested.

One thing that kind of confused me, though: When T'Pol wakes up at the end, had she really collapsed on her way to the bridge from the movie? Or had she dreamed the whole thing, and she'd been in sickbay ever since returning from the ship? After all, Tucker was going to show a Hope/Crosby comedy, not a mystery. Also, if T'Pol had collapsed again, why would Phlox have stripped her, but her in a bed under the covers, and then started shaking her and saying "T'Pol! T'Pol!"? But, if she dreamed it all, then did she really have a lucid conversation with Archer, or did she dream that, too? And, finally, just where does the scene from the beginning of the episode fit in?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's only odd that Phlox is right fucking there when T'Pol's sleeping.
Mabye he really should have spent more time with his wife during her visit last season.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the scene from the trailer fits in right after the shuttlepods leaving the Seleya.
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she dreamed the whole thing - because she and trip were supposed to go to the movie together... anyone else getting the feeling that there will be a 'close friendship' between those two because of the time they are spending together -- Like a "Picard/Beverly" kinda relationship?

And I agree... the Prologue where they show T'Pol nuts .. and then pop back a day earlier was brilliant ! I loved it..

--------------------

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the prologue (medicating T'Pol) takes place at the end, then they have the story, then she's dreaming the whole epilogue. It was a little strange seeing them have to medicate T'Pol, then almost immediately seeing her walk into the room, with no mention of her condition.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

There is a mention actually, right after they medicate her, that what will be taking place for the rest of the episode, happened a day earlier!

That's what i liked about the format of the episode. It had an almost, movie feel to it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...she and trip were supposed to go to the movie together..."

I don't think that's necessarily true. He was just telling her to be there. I'm sure he told a lot of people the same thing.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Yes.. but it could have been implied either way... IMO - i think it shows that they are getting closer!

Not that they are gonna 'bump uglies' .. just that they are forming a close relationship - that is... closer than others.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alshrim Dax:
There is a mention actually, right after they medicate her, that what will be taking place for the rest of the episode, happened a day earlier!

That's what i liked about the format of the episode. It had an almost, movie feel to it.

Actually the whole teaser and first few minutes following the theme confused the hell out of me.
First T'pol is going crazy in sickbay...enter theme song...commercials....then she is still crazy when we come back...they put her out and then we are in the tactical room-whatever looking at Xindi maps and then T'pol walks in?!?!...where all is evidently well...and then in the end she is crazy again. There was no log, implication, suggestion nor any other indication that what we were now watching was happening BEFORE the first 3 minutes of the show. Oy!
[Eek!]

Anyone got a better grasp on that? Any other Trek episode featuring a 'flashback' would have somehow indicated it by either overlaying a stardate/calender date on the screen, by a ships log or like the way they did in "First Flight" and the Sputnik one...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Yes there was, FG.. *nods* there was a "One Day Earlier..." caption right right after T'Pol was medicated ... I'll see if I can get a screen-cap.

And if you missed it, i can see how you can get confoozled!

--------------------

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after the into it did say "1 day before"... And the crazyness at the end was a dream...

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Ya.. I think so too !! I think she's still in the Bio-Bed-Chamber thingy at that point!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps