Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Ep: Impulse - $$$$ ($poilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ep: Impulse - $$$$ ($poilers)
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... i managed to get some screen-caps..

It's starts out with T'Pol loosing it in the Prologue... and continues for a little bit after the creds.. until T'pol is sedated..

-

Then comes the caption:

-

then we see Trip, Archer and T'Pol together the day previous!

-

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you missed it in the tech thread: (More) screenshots

And not to completely waste this post, I'd just like to mention that Miss Blalock put on a very good performance.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I really liked this episode, though the Vulcans were kind of wasted. That is to say, surely a trained Vulcan crew would have tried to leave some record of what happened behind. Though, on the other hand, I suppose finding the diary/log/last will and testament of some dead (or zombiefied) people is rather a cliche.

And I thought Mayweather might as well have not even shown up for work this day. There's a shuttle mission to a drifting ship in the middle of a dangerous debris field, and Mayweather doesn't go because he's...needed to operated the transporter? Huh?

Plus, what happened to that Suliban ship? I mean, it makes sense to leave it on Earth, where it can be studied, but we didn't get any mention of that. For that matter, I'm kind of disappointed that the commandos didn't bring some sort of landing craft of their own.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
And I thought Mayweather might as well have not even shown up for work this day. There's a shuttle mission to a drifting ship in the middle of a dangerous debris field, and Mayweather doesn't go because he's...needed to operated the transporter? Huh?

Actually, that sort of makes sense:
Your ship is on the edge of a anomaly-filled debris field that somehow disabled a ship FAR more advanced than yours, you have a good idea that said ship's crew is either dead or insane and you really should think of the ship's safety and NOT send the best helmsman you have :he may need to....fly the ship to safety!

By the same token, who was in charge when Archer, T'Pol, Trip and Reed were off on their missions?
Captain Porthos!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah. The thing is, Mayweather didn't stay behind to fly Enterprise. He was just operating the transporter. When that didn't work, he flew the other shuttlepod, but if their plan had worked Mayweather would never have flown anything.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alshrim Dax:
Yes.. but it could have been implied either way... IMO - i think it shows that they are getting closer!

Not that they are gonna 'bump uglies' .. just that they are forming a close relationship - that is... closer than others.

i think at this point, the way ENT treats sexiness in general, it would be an incredibly fascinating chain of events for them to fuck around, and then have it not work out and milk the remaining four years worth of awkwardness and wierd sexual situations and such.. i mean, everyone said that TOS and TNG could have used more relationship stuff, like the people that would continuously shout 'more Picard/Crusher' or 'more Riker/Troi' etc, but the producers were reticient about dealing with the consequences of their main characters becoming attached in a long term relationship, since it would eliminate lots of 'one shot' romances that Kirk and Riker cashed in on so often

by DS9 and VGR they said, let's be realistic, relationships happen, so they started all the Sisko-Kasidy Worf-Dax Kira-Odo Torres-Paris relationships, with mixed results..

the next step, which would fit in with ENTs modern approach would be to show a relationship that just failed completely and created all sorts of real life problems like jealousy, complicated alien sex issues and all sorts of other tension between the participants, that would be palatable to viewers if they did it as an arc, rather as an episode focus (relationship episodes kinda do suck).. this would add a whole new dynamic to T'Pol and Trip if they continued their Spock-McCoy style antagonism of each other, except from the point of view of being each other's ex.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just see it now. They'll argue, then Trip will sleep with Hoshi, and say that he was allowed to because "They were on a break".

HILARITY WILL ENSUE!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didnt mean anything so asinine, although the plot you suggest would represent a considerable jump in the show's maturity

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Berman and Braga need to realize that 'more relationship' plots don't necessarily involve shots of half naked chars rubbing gel into each other or rubbing each other...

Think Sisko&Kassidy relationship. Think Paris&B'elanna relationship. It took them, what, whole season to admit that they are in love?

Now thats what I call a relationship arc. [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, think Sheridan & Delenn. THAT is a relationship arc. B)
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no relationship arc: It's a space station!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
No, think Sheridan & Delenn. THAT is a relationship arc. B)

Please.
I've seen more believable dialogue on the cover of my mom's harlequin romance novels. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please.
I've seen more believable dialogue on the cover of my mom's harlequin romance novels. [Roll Eyes]

.. Freudian slip there?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it seem to anyone else that the way they're shooting some of the scenes this season is a bit different? Alot of times, the motion seems very clipped, almost like they're showing every other frame and the motion's been slightly sped up. IN this episode, it was due, in part, to all the strobe lights flickering around. But I've noticed it a couple other eps too.

This episode had a very "zombie movie" feel to it. It was really very cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/241003_01.shtml

It's fast clipped action, baby! YEAH!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps