Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $Exile (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $Exile
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any reviews yet so... I guess I get to start... unfortunately I only have one thing to say:

Hoshi said that the book she was reading reminded her of medieval Klingon. Could it have been the Hurq [those rampaging savages without honor that came and took the Sword of Kahless, among other objects]?

Oh... the shuttle taking off was a nice touch, is that the first time that b*tch was used on Star Trek?

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, to the first time that bitch was used on Trek. Enterprise series premiere, Trip said "That son of a bitch" referring to Admiral Forrest when Enterprise was allowed to continue on their exploration misson.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um or in Undiscovered Country when Scotty called Azetbur 'that Klingon bitch' or a couple of times McCoy called Spock a green-blooded sonnovabitch

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'm pretty sure "bitch" premiered in Star Trek III. Voila!

McCOY
... That green blooded son of a
bitch!... It's his revenge for all
the arguments he lost...

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humm... it's just the way Trip said it I guess... made me think... I do remember McCoy saying it though now that I'm reminded. Both very funny scenes thank you.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I though this was a pretty good episode, especially the first part. I would have liked the mystery to last a little longer, because it was very well done.

Tarquin's castle reminded me a lot of all those similar TOS sets (Organians Chamber, Trelane's planet, the Catspaw castle), which was a really nice touch.

The new screenshots.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it particularly curious that Hoshi was dressed as she was. Cuz if she wanted to pass Tarquin the impression that she wasn't interested -- i say she failed.

In that short skirt thingy, all I could think was, "Man I'd do her right now!" Call me a complete pig, if you must, but she looked hot! I have a thing for asian women, what can i say!

But, if she wanted to put Tarquin off, she shoulda stayed in uniform! hahaha!

But all in all, I enjoyed the episode. I think it was a good break in the 'intensity' of the first 3 eps.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He never said he was looking for sex. He may have found her incredibly unattractive, what with her tiny head, and her hair, and her lack of head-spindles.

He was stuck on a desolate planet by himself for the rest of his life (which, apparently, was quite long). He just wanted someone to be there with him. Particularly, someone on whom he could use his telepathy. I'm sure he would have done the same stuff if it had been a man he had contacted (and that's not to say he's bi).

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the people that were burried outside were women tho' weren't they?

I got the impression he was looking for female companionship.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why didint he just ask for a ride at the end?
That's the only loose thread I saw in an enjoiable episode.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not certain, but I don't think he described all the former "companions". Only the first one or two.
J
Member # 608

I think it was highly implied they were all women... and I think it was also implied that he did care if they were male or female, wanting only female.

AND yes... now that you mention it I was thinking Squire of Gothos the entire episode even though it wasn't some snot nosed non-coporal child.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _

[email protected]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He didn't seem particularly interested in non-telepathic humanoids, so I don't think he would've liked living anywhere else. Except on his own homeworld, perhaps.

But anyway, he seemed to eventually accept Hoshi's decision, and probably wouldn't want to burden her any longer by catching a ride.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Might as well be 75,000 light years!"

Voyager reference or coincidence? [Smile]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"...he seemed to eventually accept Hoshi's decision..."

Only because she was going to smash his blue glowie egg.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps