Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ The $hipment - $poiler included! $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ The $hipment - $poiler included! $$
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reactions??

I found this episode very transitional. There was a lot of information offered about the xindi in this one .. and it was good to see that not all Xindi were bad-guys.

I thought it was a good episode - not much Mayweather in it again .. poor bastard must sit in that chair and look like a goof all the time !!! I think he actually pushed a Comm's Button in this one !! "Good Job Buddy.. good to see yer on the ball!" they should write him in more..

Xindi weapon is 12 shades of cool!

Reactions?

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm impressed with all the work they put into the sets, mattes, and CGI backgrounds. They put a lot of efford into making it look like an alien factory.

I think Archer is starting to have trouble treating the Xindi like bad guys.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was a pretty darn good episode. I just had one issue with it though: I didn't like the fact that Phlox was so nonchalant about developing ways to kill the organisms in the Xindi weapons. Oh, I'm sure he would see the necessity, but I would have thought that he'd have had something to say about it...he would have showed some ambivalence...

Otherwise it was a solid and fairly cool ep.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phlox had already grown a big ol' vat of worms by the time he's developed his method of killing them.
Besides, he may not have the same morals about killing lower lifeforms as he does about his "pets".
He does feed one of his specimins live tribbles after all.

I also liked this episode:
Bakula was really in top form and I like how his character is developing- refreshing whaen compared to Kirk (whaere he always stays the same).
I loved Archer shutting down that marine's suggestion! "Are YOU speaking freely now too?"
I laughed.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the bad guys sounded like Darth Vader. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer seems to have done another 180 degrees turn. Now he suddenly doesn't want to attack the Xindi? But I do like this Archer better than the airlock-suffocating Archer.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it was the first time he'd met a Xindi who wanted to help the humans out of the kindness of his own heart.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...which seemed much stranger to me than Archer's change of heart. They break into his room, kidnap him, and even in "episode-time" in what seems like a couple of hours they manage to convince him to betray his own nation/race/group whatever, face punishment from what don't seem to particularly reasonable...uh customers, and all this on a twisted piece of metal.
It just seems all too.....naive.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well.. his life-work HAD gone into producing a weapon that killed 7 million people. The quick change of heart was probobly to expedite the story. Like the 'beast' in the previous episode, this guy makes me feel like we're going to see them again.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The actor's voice was quite familar... did anyone catch who it was? I seem to be thinking he is a trek regular, at least so far as the actor.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Cothran, Jr. He's played a couple of Klingons in TNG and DS9.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's who I thought it was... I just thought his head was... too big... the makeup did it. He's a good Klingon, did well as a Xindi. I dunno why but I figured it had to be him and couldn't place this face under all that makeup [and I thought Klingon makeup was hard to see through].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I liked about the Sloths was that they really had the clumsy sloth-like walk. Well, apart from the scenes were they forgot about it [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda like that fact that Archer is realizing that the xindi are very close to the human race... as we are today..

how many different ethenicities (am I spelling that right?)do we have here on Earth... imagine .. oh i dunno... a nazi of the 40's that kills your brother -- do you blame the whole race??? If you were an alien - and then you met a black man - and you - at first condemn him for being human - only to find that he's nothing like that nazi guy - and this black guy is willing to help you - wouldn't you do an about face - and realize that - hey maybe, not all human beings are like those nazi's?

I think that analogy fits well with what that whole episode is about...

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or imagine that you are angry because a religious zealot of a particular ethnicity has convinced several of his followers to fly airplanes into several buildings which represent the financial and military power of your nation and then...(yawn).

I was kind of hoping Archer would be more irrational about it. You know really shake the guy down. Shove his phaser in the guy's mouth, really violate him and yell at him. Freak out properly. Show us how angry he really is about all this, and how dangerous that anger can be. I mean he'd cool down later though, maybe even have Reed intercede, give Reed some dimensionality, you know. Have Archer realize what his anger is becoming (note: without him explaining that he's realizing what his anger is making him become). That would have been cooler. But it's the same problem I've had with his character since the beginning of the series. He's far too wishy-washy. Too trusting. It pops me out every time.

I did think it was a cool episode in that we learned more about the divisions within the Xindi culture and the death of the Avians. I just wish the morality wasn't so cut and dry sometimes. You know, like in real life.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps