Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Let the victimisation start here..... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let the victimisation start here.....
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus, you have the ability to make giant styrofoam rocks for the Gorn to throw....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Species 1162: "I'm sure if I had millions of dollars in cash, access to state of the art production equipment and top-notch talent I could do better but I don't.

Brag, brag, brag...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

- posted      Profile for E. Keeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The point is you dont need hundreds of thousands of dollars to make a show that is much better than enterprise-it takes smarts, something the designers of Enterprise seem to be lacking.

--------------------
"Smooth as an Android's bottom...?"

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't mind a couple worm-infestation stories with exploding commanders.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

- posted      Profile for E. Keeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm so many commanders so little time.....

--------------------

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

......if there was a worm infestation plot it would have to reinstate a scene similar to the one I've seen designs for that would have been in TNG episode but were deemed to 'gorey' for trek.

--------------------

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

'conspiracy' that was the episode I was thinking of-knew I'd get there in the end... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Keeler:
The point is you dont need hundreds of thousands of dollars to make a show that is much better than enterprise-it takes smarts, something the designers of Enterprise seem to be lacking.

That's sure talking a lot of crap, as you've said you havent seen any of the current episodes.
Go judge TNG based on it's first two seasons and you'd have a pretty dim view of them as well. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

I love the first couple of seasons of TNG, looking back i do find a beardless and fairly slim Riker a bit odd though.....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ug. I cant stand most of TNG's first two seasons.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what to think about Enterprise. I hear some people saying it's nice to watch, yet everytime I tune into an episode, it's so stupid I can't stand watching more than ten minutes before getting too annoyed.
Perhaps I have had the bad luck to only witness the most crappy moments, but up to now there was not one minute of the show that I could enjoy even a little.
Hell, even Voyager didn't annoy me that much - and that is coming from someone who really hated most of the Voyager episodes.

I always TRY to be open-minded about new stuff. But I have given Enterprise so many chances - and have been disappointed by it at every turn...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

at least the make-up department had fun in Voyager- they could play endlessly with their latex to make new looking aliens-mostly humanoid bipedals of course.....

--------------------

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

I've just remembered one thing I do like about Enterprise (apart from Trips underpants, ahem.. [Embarrassed] )

Andorians-you got to see them a few times in TOS but never so much after that. They always seemed to be one of those 'stock aliens' you would see in the background of space ports and stuff, it was nice to see some Andorians getting a story line for an episode or two.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

THey've been back this season as well.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bipeds.
Bipedal locomotion.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps