Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Officers' Lounge.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Let the victimisation start here..... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let the victimisation start here.....
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard there were hoes on the latest episode of Enterprise, and a character gets to tap some ass.

I might start watching it now.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will there be Da'bo as well?
John DiMaggio might just do some guest-starring...

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it "ho" or "hoe?"

I don't want to make a silly mistake if I ever have to use one of the words.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoe.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A hoe is a garden tool.

A ho' is a pro.

And don't fool yourself... Riker tapped plenty during TNG's run.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whereas Kirk wore white to his wedding?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Grab a hoe! Not me, THIS hoe!"
-Wayne Brady, improvising a Destiny's Child song about gardening

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just give him the prize.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"......if there was a worm infestation plot it would have to reinstate a scene similar to the one I've seen designs for that would have been in TNG episode but were deemed to 'gorey' for trek."

There was a "gory" scene at the end of "Conspiracy". As I understand it, British TV simply refused to show it.

Unless you're talking about something else.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only a complete dork would complain about a Trek show displaying a little breast or foreplay. Come on people, we are talking about adults playing adult games here. How do you think YOU came to be? They won't all be test-tube babies in the future.

And THAT wasn't Roddenberry's vision either.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
There was a "gory" scene at the end of "Conspiracy". As I understand it, British TV simply refused to show it.

The BBC cut it completely. You saw Remmeck's (sp?) next swell, then Riker and Picard fired, and a squelching noise was heard.

Sky showed Remmeck's skin dissolving, but cut away before it burst (I think it bursts. I'm not sure).

However, this was before the apparent relaxation in censorship laws in about 2000. I haven't seen it on TV since then (it's been on, I just haven't seen it) so there's a chance they're put the scenes back in.

I do remember some artwork in something, possibly the Art of Star Trek, which showed that it was going to be ever gorier than shown though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was. The RC2 DVDs of TNG are uncut. But even the UK Videotape I bought a couple of years back has the whole scene uncut.
That's the newer TNG video edition (with 4 eps per tape and different packaging to the first edition) mind you.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Nim
Member # 205

Man. X-Files must've played merry hell with the BBC until 2000, then?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No, because it was shown after 9.

Before 9 o'clock, our censorship laws are much stricter than the US's. After 9, they are much, much looser. Hence, the X-Files was shown normally.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps