Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Death to the Android? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Death to the Android?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's probably too late. I think Spiner already is going to be known as Data for the rest of his life.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spiner has done quite a few guest spots in movies and tvshows. But nobody can ever really remember that it is data, or vice versa.

-FTM

did that make sense?

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think that data should die....can't spinner just play data for a little longer...we won't mind if he looks a little older....

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could all be avoided if Data would just get skin. Why not have Q make him human, but with that kind of luck they probably would kill him off? Is Spiner fed up with the part, or does he just feel there is no realistically way for him to play the part any longer?

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

[This message has been edited by bear (edited January 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by bear (edited January 24, 2000).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's just getting greedy. He wants lots of money for each new job because he's worried about his income in the future.

Having Q turn up is an excellent idea, but I doubt it'll happen. Hell, I doubt there'll BE another TNG movie. I predict a mish-mash that flops and kills the franchise. But I hope to be proved wrong.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spiner said in an interview, that he wanted Data to die in Insurredtion, but that when he got the scrpit, there was a note from Berman that said,"Sorry, kill you next time". He's tired of the role and wants out, as does Dorn, and I've heard it said that Burton wants out, so I think it's safe top say this will be the last film, if they do another one at all. No one has contracts for a tenth movie, and Marjel R said that the next movie was on a back burner right now.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Dorn wants out, why in the world did he get on DS9? And why does he keep coming back for the movies, which is a bit unnatural in and of itself?

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps