Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » UK Video Question - DESPERATE! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: UK Video Question - DESPERATE!
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 14" TV set is bad enough, but imagine watching a film on it with black lines across the top and bottom of the screen. I don't want to sit through that.

------------------
Democracy simply means the bludgeoning of the people, by the people and for the people.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got the WS Star Wars box-set. It's great on a big TV, but watching it on a little 14 incher, forget it. I'd say that WS videos are only worth it on TV's that are 22" and above.

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."
Xander Harris

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just like to say to anyone interested the new voyager video came out this week in the UK. What a great episode.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So 6.2 is already out there? It doesn't seem to be out over here yet

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, just 6.1

Maybe next month.

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 6.1? That's been out over here for some time already. I'm expecting 6.2 to show up here some time this week. It's strange that Australia is now ahead of the UK. What's CIC playing at?

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, but I had a little chat with someone from the Virgin Megastore in The Hague, and he said that they had some negotiations (sp?) with CIC, and until that was finished there will be NO videos...

I am still waiting for 6.1 ...

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

I'm sorry to hear it, Altair. I rely on the videos so I know how annoying it is when there's a delay.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

My fellow Oz Trek fans may be interested in knowing that I got the Voyager 6.2 video today. I had a feeling it would come out this week.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told once, what Smeg meant. I'm glad, cause it aint in my dictionary.

I saw a sign on a wall, at a college, that said "Smegma Capa Phi" , or something to that effect, meant as a slam on a frat. Sis told me what it meant.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weirdly enough we in Australia have been getting the CIC tapes before the UK for the last 2 years. Something about that in relation to the geography is just wrong.

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

We haven't been consistently getting the videos before the UK - it seems to fluctuate for no good reason. For instance, I'm pretty sure they got the last season finals before we did.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember its RELEASES we are talking about here guys - the Australian and UK videos are NOT the same - there are differences in the pakaging ours are made in Australia... well copied and printed in Australia... I think CIC get the master disc not too long after it airs in the US - same with Channel Nein I think - although they are 3 years behind.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the UK videos we get a little profile of something about one of the episodes. In the Equinox part two there is a profile on Capt.John Ransom. Do you get the same thing in Australia?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Yep, we get those "datalog" things on the inside of the sleave too. Our cover art is mostly very similar to the UK covers. One obvious difference in telling the releases apart is with the appearance of the ratings symbol. The Australian tapes even have a little warning that they're not to be sold in the UK or Ireland.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps