Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Rumor: Paramounts selects new series! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Rumor: Paramounts selects new series!
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Frank, you think Star Wars and B5 are better than Star Trek, and yet you hang out at a Star Trek board.

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited February 19, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is supposed to be a general sci-fi board.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This song is dedicated to everyone in the audience tonight...WITH ONE EYE!" - John Linnell

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, Frank, ewwwww! B5 AND Star Wars are better? I had no idea and now I'm so disappointed.

Second, you know, we could look on the bright side and say that a prequel series might actually help to clear up some of the knotty problems we have with Trek history. No doubt they're going to make some things more confusing but with one or two eps here and there we might 'gasp' have something canon to base all our speculation on about (among other things) The Earth-Romulan wars, the Great Schism on Vulcan, the Andorians and Tellerites, the list goes on...

------------------
Kiff! I have bedded a woman. Inform the crew.
- Zap Brannigan

IP: Logged
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll come to Frank's side this ONE time... I think Star Wars is much better than Star Trek... B5 on the other hand...

Anyways, I feel sorry for those who feel let down cuz of Episode 1. I have watched the original Star Wars over and over again, and when Episode 1 came out, I watched it 7 times. each time I enjoyed it thoroughly. I even liked Jar Jar. When I saw Star Wars Ep. 1, I watched it as a kid, because that's what it was meant for. I wasn't let down at all.

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."
Woody Allen

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! SW is not better than Trek! The only comparable show that might be better than Trek is Stargate, and that's comparing it to the Trek that currently being made, so the comparison may not be the best...

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they should just make a spin off ..

Who says that Star Trek always has to be about the darn Feds ... Make a series based on the Klingons .. or the Romulans ... Or ANYTHING different than the Feds..

I'm not saying don't have the Feds in it .. I'd like to see Star Trek from the other side; a different perspective ..

I think it's a cool idea.

And as far as Star Wars being better than Trek.. I disagree ... Everything is solved by using Auxilliary Power and there's Jar Jar ... ACK .. I can't stand Jar Jar...

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited February 20, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall anything being solved with auxillary power in Star Wars...however, I do recall everything being solved by magic particles in Star Trek.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This song is dedicated to everyone in the audience tonight...WITH ONE EYE!" - John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agrees with TSN about Stargate.

I just want to say ALL the ideas that we have heard S-U-C-K!

That alpha squad - that Marines thing - is soo pathetic and laughable - and anything pre anything else will become too dated... that rumour combining section 31 with borg tech GUAGGHHHHHH!

REDICULOUS

I think the execs should just have a good look at what is going on... new trek now - is a no no, new trek now - with the creative team/ideas being rumoured - is an even bigger no no...

Give trek a rest - regather your forces... take a well earned rest... be realistic - stop trying to cashin on other series successes... at least DS9 was an original idea.

now we've got storylines just trying to use "Boldly going where everyone has been before"

Andrew

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't we kind of crucifying the baby with the bath water here or something? Besides, this is probably just another dose of wishful-thinking-fan-rumour-drivel.

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a hell of a mixed metaphor... *L*

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank.. let me refresh your memory...

Star Wars - Ep IV - First movie ...
Millenium Falcon gets hit with a couple of Tie Fighter Laser Blast ... Skywalker makes sarcastic remarks about the Falcon being a piece of crap .. Solo tells Skywalker that the Falcon is the fastest ship in the quadrant or something .. tells Chewy to brace for Hyper-Space --- they get hit again ... sparks fly .. Solo transfers Auxilliary Power .. and boom they go to hyerspace...

Zoom to Ep. V Empire strikes back... Skywalker flying his snow-speeder .. their making their final approach to blast away at an Empirial Whatever-Walker ... snow-speeder get hit ... skywalker uses Auxilliary power ....

TO later in the Movie ... Lando Uses Auxilliary Power to stablize the Falcon as when they are inside the new Death Star.

And it goes on and on..

As for Star Trek problems being solved by Particles.. well.. all of life's scientific problem are solved that way.... but i don't think that statement is true at all.. In WoK, Spock died to solve a warp problem .. School Projects have been used to give 2 secs of warp power to an old ship, matching shield harmonics are used to give an attacking ship an advantage in battle, transfering life-support and all other non-essential power is used to boost weapons efficiency to give a fight ship one last ditch effort to win a war ... .. etc. etc...

Need I say anymore .. I'm sure i can come up with a few more for ya...

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

You seem to be confusing random dialog with important plot points.

You just said that all of life's scientific problems are solved by magic particles. (I'm referring to tetryons and polarons and such here.)

I'll ignore the absurdity of the school project thing, and just bring up "transfering life-support and all other non-essential power is used to boost weapons efficiency..." Would non-essential power be...auxillary power?

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would prefered the commando forces trek idea. As stated before there is not much room to work with continutiy wise. Now if it was a breif miniseries then i would not mind.

Just out of curriosity woul Tuvok be in it considering he served on the excelsior.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after the 'Khitomer' mission - Tuvok said he resigned from Starfleet.

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a place where I can't get ANY Trek on TV, so I'm reading a lot of ST books to get my fix Starting last August, some of the ST books released have included one part of a twelve-part serialized novel called (I think) "Birth of the Federation..." Now I know the books are canon-fodder but do you suppose they're testing fan reaction to stories from this time frame? In other words, do you suppose this lends credence to the prequel rumour?

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps