Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Rumor: Paramounts selects new series! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Rumor: Paramounts selects new series!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it. For one thing, if this was last August, they would have been planning it way before then. I don't think they were even considering ideas at that time, much less had they picked one. Plus, they would have put out books about all the ideas to see which one the most people liked.

Besides, the majority (or at least a significant percentage) of the viewing audience probably doesn't even look at the books, so it wouldn't really be an accurate way to assess people's reaction.

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who'll wote for the execution of Jeff Raven and all those who say that Star Wars is better than Star Trek?

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People whose taste in entertainment is distorted?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars is more entertainment-oriented that Trek, yes.
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But succeeds far less often. :P

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, define "entertainment." Hearing about tetryons is less interesting to me than seeing the evolution of a society.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The evolution of a society? what? Star WARS?

Excuse me I'll give you SEVEN, AMAZING Trek episodes that deal with the evolution of society:

First Contact - TNG (episode)
Real Life - Voy
Living Witness - Voy
The Mark if Gideon - TOS
The Vengeance Factor - TNG
The Masterpiece Society - TNG
Homeward - TNG

they are but a few.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The evolution of a specific society, seen through the eyes of those who are affected by it. Not 45 mins of "prime directive" stuff.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I want to know where the "twenty years between Star Wars films" figure came from. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Return of the Jedi was 1983, and The Phantom Menace was 1999. That, to me, is 16 years. Plus the fact that, apart from that, the films have all (or will all) come out 2-3 years after each other, suggests to me that someone is talking out of their bottom.

Now, everyone else can shut up. Both Star Wars and Trek are good. They are different beasts. They please different people. Natch.

B5 is better though.

Haven't the books been called something Marvel like, something like "Star Trek: year one"? And haven't Michael Jan Friedman's been extremely successful? Previously incuable insomniancs have now been able to get to sleep without any trouble.

Hey, anyone remember when Star Trek books used to have different plots? The books by people other than Peter David I mean?

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."
Xander Harris

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps