Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Starfleet aliens (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starfleet aliens
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know the Federation constists of over 200 species. But what species are in Starfleet and have been seen on the show? Here's a small list of all the species I can think of:

1.5 Klingon
1 Betazoid
1 Ferengi
many Vulcans
many Bolians
too many Humans

So, if you don't count the non-UFP species (Ferengi's and Klingons), you have only four species left. I musthave missed some here...

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To state the obvious,
The Trill for one.
In st:IV we have the species with the long white hair, (the same species as the federation president in st:VI)

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just remembered, we see another alien in st:IV in the communicationsroom.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little known one, people from Tiburon. They have ears like lettuce leaves. Dr Sevrin was seen in TOS, and we saw one in Uniform in DS9: "The Ship".

Bear in mind though that you don't have to be in the federation to join Starfleet. (As ever, it's who you know that matters! )

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, i agree with the UFP-Starfleet relation.
But still, Ferengi's and Klingons aren't conventional Starfleet officers and don't really count as 'Starfleet-aliens'.

------------------
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's the .5 Klingon? The only Klingons we've ever even seen in SF uniform are Worf and B'Elanna, and Worf's the only one who's actually a member of Starfleet.

And you forgot Benzars. And... That guy that Wesley was supposed to insult as part of his Academy entry test in "Coming of Age"; I think it started w/ a 'Z'.

And I'm sure there are other uniformed extras who have been done up as aliens. You might even say that some of the "humans" we've seen are Betazoids, as long as their eyes weren't shown close-up. Or even one of all the other species that look exactly like humans, as evidenced in TOS and early TNG.

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they have naval exchange-programs! I remember Riker serving on a BoP for a while. He got smacked around alot.

------------------
-Have some coffee, it's good!
-Ah don't want none o'your god-damn coffee!!

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't they show "Centauris" or "Centaurians" in TOS a few times? I think they had white hair and antennae.

------------------
Dane

"Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go."
Goethe

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Andorians, yeah, that�s right, they did, and in starfleet uniform.

------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The .5 Klingon is of course Torres. She's half Klingon half-Human, to create intereting plots when they run out of FX-budget

------------------
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But she wasn't tecnically Starfleet, since she never graduated from the academy.

Just a question. Where did the "200 species" figure come from? I thought that the UFP had around 150 planatary governments and colonies in it.

There's also Deltans. (Ilia in TMP)
And we first saw an Andorian in a Starfleet uniform in either Trek IV or VI. He was balding if I remember (to show off the fact that they finally had a budget).

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."
Xander Harris

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget those lovable porkines the Tellarites...

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Jaresh Inyo's people?

They're officially (it's from the script; not canon, but we might as well call them this...) the Grazerites.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To see more Starfleet aliens, check out the recreation deck scenes aboard the Enterprise in ST:TMP. The Art of Star Trek book has a clear shot of a Saurian in a white jumpsuit. Also, regarding Tellarites, have we ever seen one of them in a Starfleet uniform?
In Star Trek VI, there was a alien crewman with weird feet and in "The Drumhead" a crewman was one quarter Romulan (trying to pass as one quarter Vulcan)

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Yaresh Inyo wasn't Starfleet, was he?

Just an answer, 200 is a nice number and sounds pretty convincing..

------------------
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited February 29, 2000).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps