Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A question
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't she know the uniform style has changed? I mean, the turtlenecks already disappeared before "Yesterday's Enterprise" or "Dark Page", whichever comes first.

Or is she knitting for the enemy (say, the Agnosians)?

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Production wise, "Yesterday's Enterprise" was the first show to use the movie uniforms without tutrlenexks. Although "Tapestry", set earlier, showed the movie uniform with a very low collar.

Still, my nan doesn't knit my jumpers. Oh no. Combat trousers, and hair bands (she's not quite gotten over not getting a granddaughter).

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Captain Richard Miloshkin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the number of cunning and/or great captains after the Dominion War...

Even the "craftiest" captains would have much trouble fighting against the massive, disposable Dominion fleets. I think the large fleet actions that the Alpha Quadrant races engaged in seriously diminished the number of able, experienced captains.

Special emphasis on "I think"

I think that Riker is not only loyal to his captain, but loyal to his ship - the Enterprise. It'd destroy him if in the long run he didn't receive command of the Big E.

*steps off of soap box*

------------------
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon. --- Susan Ertz

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Captain-Sulu-got-a-pretty-good-ship-his-first-time-out argument sums up my thoughts.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Keogh was a very well-seasoned Captain who got command of a Galaxy Class Starship. And it was bashed to bits by the Dominion. Mind you, that could have been the Enterprise-D. Even more seasoned Captains could get into trouble without a way out.

I'm not so sure if Riker would have lasted as long as Keogh if he was in command of the Oddysey instead.

I do have one question regarding Sulu's captaincy. How many years was ST:V before ST:VI? I mean, Captain Sulu was appointed Captain of the Excelsior three years before ST:VI. Without any first-officer experience, I must add. Unless he had some form of command between the events of ST:V and when he was appointed Captain of the Excelsior. Mind you, the Excelsior is a very delicate toy during that period of the Federation.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST V was 2285-86. Sulu got the Excelsior in 2290. ST VI was 2293. So there's an 8 year difference. It's very well possible for Sulu to have been an XO between ST V and VI.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't even know where Sulu was posted prior to 2285. He made a comment in STII that indicated he not posted to the Enterprise. I believe he was a commander at the time, so for all we know he could've been an XO of a vessel before being TADed to the Enterprise for a training mission
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the other day, I was looking at the time periods between the movies...

Between 1 and 2 I reckon there was another 'five year mission' and then between V and VI I reckon there was another 5 year mission - this gives the Enterprise A, some history... cause why would they go to all the trouble of giving them the new Enterprise in IV then straight into V (its first mission) - once they got back I reckon the ships problems were fixed, maybe even that carpet ripped out of the bridge and sent on another V year mission...

Kirk as Captain
Spock as XO and Science officer
Checkov at Navigation and Second officer (see ST:V and VI)
McCoy CMO
Uhura CCO
Scotty as CEO

someone before Valeris at the Conn.

Sulu would have been puttering around with the Exxy.

Actually Sulu could have been there for the five year mission, and then for the next three until VI been the Excelsior captain.

Then in that V years, They did there own thing... Uhura probably started her Academy classes in those five years before VI, Kirk may have even left in those Five years - and gone to live with whats her name in Iowa (as seen in Generations) that was at least seven years before Generations... so after the five year mission: 3 years break + 2 years in and around VI and then say another 2 years before the E-B is launched.

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the Exxy? Is that your made up nickname for the Excelsior? It sounds like a gas station...

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps