Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager video 6.5 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyager video 6.5
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Actually, most of the Japanses merchandise I've got (Transformers, Pokemon) has roman characters on it somewhere. The Pokemon stuff always has "Pocket Monsters" on it in roman characters somewhere, and often copyright info too. The Transformer stuff has "Cybertron" (Autobot/Maximal) or "Destron" (Decepticon/Predacon) on it in huge letters on the front too.

Do the japanesehave their own numbers? Or do they use the arabic (is that what the western number systems called? I can't for the life of me remember) number system all the time.

Oh, and the 5th season voyager boxes were HORRIBLE. The same freaking shot of Janeway on all the last 9 boxes. I KNOW WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE!

Damn Mulgrew for signing that video cover contract.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"
- Polly Ester; Samurai Pizza Cats

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what is commonly used today, but historically, I believe the Japanese alphabet served double-duty, standing in for numbers as well.

------------------
It's not my birthday
It's not today
It's not my birthday so why do you lunge out at me?
--
They Might Be Giants
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! I'll give you a cookie.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of Japan has now adopted the Arabic numeration system. Makes it a little bit easier on us gaijin...

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE!:

Voyager tape 6.5 will be available sometime next week in Holland.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, which episodes are on 6.5? I believe "The Voyager Conspiracy" or "Pathfinder", but I'm not sure of that.

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53672:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Miranda class vessels, as good as new! Survived the Dominion Wars! Only 100 years old! Only 20,000 ly on the counter! Buy now for only $1000! And if you order now, you get an Oberth class for half the price!"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Yes, those two are on it (but in reverse order ).

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it seems that Holland is on of the few places where they use subtitles ISO dubbing with other voices. That's why English sounds pretty damn cool in our country, while in Germany everything is German, even computer-jargon like Tastat�r, wich is plain simple 'keyboard' in Dutch .

------------------
FuckU-FuckMe: Changing the feel of communication:
"What kinds of security controls does FuckU-FuckMe offer?

All FuckU-FuckMe users can control whom they connect to on an individual basis. There's no need to go to a public reflector. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I am glad English is used so much here. Like you said with computer stuff, we use English words like: E-mail, Joystick, CD-(re-)writer and even Reset in our language. Most of them are even made it in the latest versions of Dutch dictionaries!
Being fairly good in the English along with my e-mail ending with @usa.net I have fooled a lot of people into thinking I'm an American.

Anyway, I even buy tapes without subtitles. I like it that they don't dub it, but subtitles with Star Trek doesn't seem to work out sometimes. Weird mistakes are sometimes made, like the Prometheus from 'Message in a Bottle' being a 'Deep Space Technical ship' (litteraly translated back to English) instead of Tactical...

Nothing better than watching Star Trek on tape in English without subtitles. Although watching it on the BBC comes close to it.

------------------
"Yes."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 01, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps